Mr Elusive

[Solved] GM: Determine range to target in tank optics?

This is specific to the Global Mobilization DLC. I already asked this on the Steam forums but didn't get a reply, nor can I find a answer here on the forums...so here goes.

In the West German tanks without laser rangefinders, how do you determine range to a target using the commander/gunner optics? Is it even possible?

The East German/Polish T-55 optics have the stadia marks for making range estimates. I can use those and manually range the gun (PGUP/PGDN) before firing. Those are great, I can work with them.

The West German optics, however, just have a bunch of lines in the middle with no marks or notations. The commander's optics are exactly the same, only with an additional yellow box. Correct use of these optics, to my knowledge, is never explained in-game. Nothing in any of the mission briefings, nor in Arma's built-in field manual.

Currently I'm just cheesing using the map contacts or just plain guessing - neither of which are immersive or fun. There has to be a better way of doing this.

Looks like yesterday's patch to GM has added laser range-finding to the commander's optics. Yay! :yay: