Sign in to follow this  
Pyrit.

Get to know - Philip Hilal - Associate Producer

907980494_Phil2.thumb.png.374fa9e8569c6cb8b36140b5b3db1089.png

▶ What is your role in the Vigor Team?

I am an Associate Producer.

▶ What is your contribution to the Vigor Team?

As a producer, you change your role in the development quite often. Some days you're making sure that the deadlines are met, other days you're resolving issues that came from the development, or you're creating documentation from meetings and Brainstorms. But mostly I'm trying to give our developers the best environment for work and make sure that there is fluent communication between management and different departments. 

▶ What do you like about Vigor?

I always saw Vigor as a sort of social experiment. The main goal of the game is to get as many resources as possible, but the way you go about it is totally on you. You don't have to shoot a single bullet and be successful in the game. So meeting other players is always a different experience, some may help you and be friendly, others will shoot you and loot you. My experience is mostly the second option. Wich in my eyes is saying something about human nature. 

▶ What would you like to see in Vigor?

So many things.

▶ Why did you decide to become an Associate Producer?

Funnily enough I never even dreamed to be a producer in game dev. I kinda believe that the job chose me and not the other way around. One of the best things that ever happened to me tho. 

▶ What is your favorite thing about your job? And your least favorite?

• I love it when someone comes to me with a great idea and I can help to make it happened.
  • I hate when I have to cut or water down some ideas due to lack of time or other priorities. 

▶ What do you like the most about the Vigor team?

That I can consider most of the developers my friends and not just colleagues. Also, I love, that we are moving as one person. Each of us is moving with a different part of the "body", but we are always moving towards our goals. 

▶ What do you do when you are not making Vigor? (hobbies)

Well, Covid has reduced most of my hobbies. But I'm trying to occupy my mind to not get totally crazy. So, walks in the forests, drawing, playing the guitar, watching movies and series, and playing games. 

▶ Did game dev change your view on the games and how?

I am more understanding when I find bugs or issues in the games I'm playing. Because now I know how many things can go sideways even when you think that everything is good to go. 

On the other hand, I now see every game from the production part. Guessing what they used for this and that feature and how hard it was and how long it may have taken to create it. 

▶ Your favorite games and why?

Hard to say. Depends on the day and my mood. But from games, I spend the most time playing I can name Mass Effect Trilogy and Assassin's Creed franchise and Prince of Persia franchise, Warcraft 3, Destiny 2, The Forest, Division 2. But I mostly love games with a good story. 

▶ What's your favorite music, movie, show, book, and why?

• Music: I listen to everything, basically. Hip-Hop, Metal, RnB, Pop, Rock, Jazz, sync waves, you name it. But my all-time favorite band was and always will be Linkin Park. 
  • Movies: Star Wars (1-6), Django Unchanged and other Tarantinos movies, MCU, Anything from Chris Nolan, Man from Earth, and many more. 
  • Show: Family Guy, Scrubs, Game of Thrones (Yeah, yeah the ending was bad but I was hooked for a long long time), The Expanse, Brooklyn 99, Modern Family, The Walking Dead.
  • Book: I have a favorite writer which is Pablo Coelho. 

▶ Is there something that you want to say to our community?

Stay Strong and Healthy during these difficult times guys.

▶ You are an Outlander and you just woke up in the tunnel (you know which one). What would you do as a first thing?

I would probably light a cigarette and try to cope with the situation. 

▶ What is the most interesting bug you have ever come across in a video game?

I'm still getting haunted by the Assassin's Creed Unity bug where the characters had only the eyes and teeth without faces.