Great.  Thanks Gunter and Marki.  My wife walks in right as I'm viewing these posts and says "THIS is the game you love so much?" and leaves shaking her head...:face_palm:

• Haha 4

On 5/16/2021 at 4:33 PM, johnnyboy said:

Great.  Thanks Gunter and Marki.  My wife walks in right as I'm viewing these posts and says "THIS is the game you love so much?" and leaves shaking her head...:face_palm:

Just make your wife play arma with you, host a mission where she will be chased by 10 clothingless, 15 meter men. I bet it will be all good.

• Haha 1

I'd like to give this script out. And to maybe give people some ideas. 

This is to spawn a giant around you without needing to manually place them.

//if !(_playerunit == vehicle _playerunit) then {do something};
_playerunit = playableUnits call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;
deleteVehicle host1;
//_SpawnPosition = _playerunit getPos [(50 + random 250,50 + random 250),_dir];
_SpawnPosition = _playerunit getPos [60 + random 50,60 + random 50];
_marker = getPos _playerunit;
_playerunitpos = position _playerunit;
_SidePick = east;
giantsgroup = [_SpawnPosition, _SidePick, _classes,[],[],[],[],[_finalAmount, 0]] call BIS_fnc_spawnGroup;

host1 = giantsgroup createUnit ["O_sniper_F", _SpawnPosition, [], 0, "CARELESS"];

removeAllWeapons host1;

[host1] spawn {
//this is intended to give the giant a random skin color, but only works if you modify the giant script itself, therefore this is useless to everyone and commented out
  /*_colorrandom = selectRandom [["#(argb,8,8,3)color(0.12,0.0598,0.0168,1)",4],
["#(argb,8,8,3)color(0.12,0.1,0.042,1)",4],
//["#(argb,8,8,3)color(0.12,0.1,0.039,1)",4],
//["#(argb,8,8,3)color(0.12,0.0718,0.029,1)",4],
//["#(argb,8,8,3)color(0.0624,0.119333,0.16,1)",2],
//["#(argb,8,8,3)color(0.0624,0.119333,0.16,1)",2],
//["#(argb,8,8,3)color(0.31,0.00929999,0.00929999,1)",6]];
["\SlaysRavage\images\03_flesh.jpg",2],
["#(argb,8,8,3)color(0.0496,0.114,0.16,1)",2],
["#(argb,8,8,3)color(0.31,0.00929999,0.00929999,1)",4],
["\SlaysRavage\images\03_flesh.jpg",6]];*/

waitUntil {sleep 1; missionNamespace getVariable ["JBOY_giantInitDone",false]};
[host1] spawn {waitUntil {sleep 1; missionNamespace getVariable ["JBOY_giantInitDone",false]}; [_this select 0, east, 1, position _playerunit] call JBOY_createGiantGroup;

//disables VCOM AI from interacting with Giants
//(group host1) setVariable ["VCM_NOFLANK",true]; //This command will stop the AI squad from executing advanced movement maneuvers.
//(group host1) setVariable ["VCM_NORESCUE",true]; //This command will stop the AI squad from responding to calls for backup.
//(group host1) setVariable ["VCM_TOUGHSQUAD",true]; //This command will stop the AI squad from calling for backup.
//(group host1) setVariable ["Vcm_Disable",true]; //This command will disable Vcom AI on a group entirely.
//(group host1) setVariable ["VCM_DisableForm",true]; //This command will disable AI group from changing formations.
//(group host1) setVariable ["VCM_Skilldisable",true]; //This command will disable an AI group from being impacted by Vcom AI skill changes.

};
//host1 setVariable ["colorpallet",_colorrandom#0];
//host1 getVariable ["difficulty",_colorrandom#1];
host1 doMove (position _playerunit);
host1 setcaptive true;
host1 forceAddUniform "U_B_CTRG_Soldier_Arid_F";

};
host1 setspeaker "male01rus";
sleep 5;
host1 doMove (position _playerunit);

waituntil {getDammage host1 isEqualTo 1};
sleep 35;
deleteVehicle host1;

• Like 2

4 hours ago, marki980908 said:

Can Giants be placed in zeus?

They are created via script, so probably not.  But I don't use Zues so can't say for sure.

I got around to testing this at long last. There's a lot of work put into this. I ran your test scenario, and after the first giant I ran up into the guard tower. Eventually one of the other giants run up to the tower and bashed it down.  The end.

21 hours ago, AZCoder said:

I got around to testing this at long last. There's a lot of work put into this. I ran your test scenario, and after the first giant I ran up into the guard tower. Eventually one of the other giants run up to the tower and bashed it down.  The end.

Haha.  Giants do NOT like buildings or vehicles.  Not at all. 💀♣️

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Recently discovered this. Another out of the box Johnny Boy addition!  Tested a bit in SP and local MP. Seems to work so far.  Will have to do some testing on a dedicated and then see if they can be dynamically spawned thru scripting as an early poster has shown.  If so then this is going to be added to my Monster survival course.

9 hours ago, accuracythruvolume said:

Recently discovered this. Another out of the box Johnny Boy addition!  Tested a bit in SP and local MP. Seems to work so far.  Will have to do some testing on a dedicated and then see if they can be dynamically spawned thru scripting as an early poster has shown.  If so then this is going to be added to my Monster survival course.

Awesome, and thanks!  Please report back and what you find, and if it makes it into the Monster Survival Course! 🙂

Looks Like I got your monster creation working thru script.  I'm summoning them dynamically and need to have them target enemy factions.  I found in your script that they are hard coded to look for enemies of opfor.

I started by setting an additional variable to JBOY_Giant.sqf during JBOY_createGiant:

_host setVariable ["JBOY_GiantSide", _giantSide, true];

Then modified where JBOY_getNearTargetsForGiants function is called using the variable.

2x: in JBOY_giantPackLoop:

_nearTargets = [leader _packgroup, getpos (leader _packGroup), ["CAManBase","LandVehicle"], 70, ((leader _packgroup) getVariable "JBOY_GiantSide")] call JBOY_getNearTargetsForGiants;

2x in JBOY_giantPackMemberAttack:

_nearTargets = [_host , getpos (_host), ["CAManBase"], 100, (_host getVariable "JBOY_GiantSide")] call JBOY_getNearTargetsForGiants;

That got them attacking the proper sides.

Next I noticed that the giant froze alot while doing the breath fire attack.   Looks like it is traced to the JBOY_spinAndThrow function not playing nice.  I disabled calls in those functions.

Now in testing, the brute wanders around smashing things and people.   Very funny how it will pick up unconscious units and toss them  :rthumb:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, accuracythruvolume said:

Looks Like I got your monster creation working thru script.  I'm summoning them dynamically and need to have them target enemy factions.  I found in your script that they are hard coded to look for enemies of opfor.

I started by setting an additional variable to JBOY_Giant.sqf during JBOY_createGiant:

_host setVariable ["JBOY_GiantSide", _giantSide, true];

Then modified where JBOY_getNearTargetsForGiants function is called using the variable.

2x: in JBOY_giantPackLoop:

_nearTargets = [leader _packgroup, getpos (leader _packGroup), ["CAManBase","LandVehicle"], 70, ((leader _packgroup) getVariable "JBOY_GiantSide")] call JBOY_getNearTargetsForGiants;

2x in JBOY_giantPackMemberAttack:

_nearTargets = [_host , getpos (_host), ["CAManBase"], 100, (_host getVariable "JBOY_GiantSide")] call JBOY_getNearTargetsForGiants;

Next I noticed that the giant froze alot while doing the breath fire attack.   Looks like it is traced to the JBOY_spinAndThrow function not playing nice.  I disabled calls in those functions.

Now in testing, the brute wanders around smashing things and people.   Very funny how it will pick up unconscious units and toss them  :rthumb:

Does that mean you can spawn them dynamically in zeus?

5 hours ago, accuracythruvolume said:

Great work dude!  Glad you got them working for you.

5 hours ago, marki980908 said:

Does that mean you can spawn them dynamically in zeus?

Probably using code execution?   I'm using them as part of my pskyers with this code:

_abomination = (group _psyker) createUnit [_spawnUnit, [0,0,0], [], 0, "NONE"];
_tempGroup = createGroup [ _psykerSide,true];
[_abomination] join _tempGroup;
_tempGroup deleteGroupWhenEmpty true;

_abomination setspeaker "male01rus";
[_abomination, _psykerSide, 1, "roam"] remoteExec ["JBOY_createGiantGroup",2];
sleep 3;
_abomination setPos _targetPos;

You mentioned in the code JBOY something about using a straight snek for a spear?   How would one create that object?   I'd like to see if I can give your creation a proper ranged attack.......

Ahhh crap I just remembered I was going to investigate how to make them toss rocks......

18 hours ago, accuracythruvolume said:

You mentioned in the code JBOY something about using a straight snek for a spear?   How would one create that object?   I'd like to see if I can give your creation a proper ranged attack.......

Here you go...  I think if object is attached to giant before giant is scaled up, the attached object is automatically scaled up same amount as object.

_snek = createSimpleObject ["Snake_random_F", [0,0,0]];   
_snek attachTo[_giant,[-0.02,-0.09,0],"rightHandMiddle1"];  
_snek setObjectScale 1;   
_snek setObjectTextureGlobal [0, "\A3\Animals_F\Snakes\data\Snake_Leopard_CO.paa"]; 

• Like 1

I made another giant vid for the Prairie Fire guys.  Only change to the script was to add the Vietnamese farm hat to the giants.  🙂

• Like 1

Sorry for bothering this tread again, but is there a way to spawn those giants in zeus manually? I saw someone above supposidly was doing that? And by in zeus I mean using Zeus Enhanced

2 hours ago, marki980908 said:

Sorry for bothering this tread again, but is there a way to spawn those giants in zeus manually? I saw someone above supposidly was doing that? And by in zeus I mean using Zeus Enhanced

Hey dude.  Since I don't use zues, all I can say is probably.  Your mission would have to run all the init.sqf stuff in my sample mission, and then you would have to create units and run the giant scripts on them like the giants that are editor placed in sample mission.  But exactly how to do that, I don't know.  Sorry, but I don't have time to figure that out for you.   Good luck sir!

On 3/22/2022 at 10:38 PM, johnnyboy said:

Hey dude.  Since I don't use zues, all I can say is probably.  Your mission would have to run all the init.sqf stuff in my sample mission, and then you would have to create units and run the giant scripts on them like the giants that are editor placed in sample mission.  But exactly how to do that, I don't know.  Sorry, but I don't have time to figure that out for you.   Good luck sir!

It is fine, I noticed some other dudes might have an answer in this thread, so thats why I asked

• Like 1

Hi, I didn't know this existed.
I'm really fascinated.
She tried the sample mission and it's wonderful.
Now this topic has been inactive for a long time.
Maybe you'll get lucky and get some guidance.
The fact that it is a creation with vanilla elements makes it even more dazzling.
However, I would like to create / generate giants using some character belonging to some mod, for example: some mutant, maybe an ork.
Also a dinosaur, a crocodile, etc.
Will it be possible? I say changing only some part of the script?
that is, change the name of the character in the sniper suit by the name of the mutant, crocodile, etc.