icebreakr

[IceBreakr/IBIS] Lamubia

WIP.

151km2 desert terrain map, CGI & real locations from around the world.

Faction flags:

North

pilania.jpg

South

zanburia.jpg

Release: When its done.

First testing will be done by SBP Team, 48th Mechanized Infantry and maybe one more A3 team.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4

Sounds intriguing!

Re: your flags - the Arabic script needs some adjustment. What is the transliteration or literal meaning in English that you're chasing?

Very excited to see how this develops, 

Look forward to it as always! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BroBeans. said:

Look forward to it as always! 

+1  Almost every single map he made is a real gem for me. If it's the Middle East or African-themed addon then the beautiful Angolan theatre he made comes to my mind. In maps of that size, I always hope to find a couple of unpaved, unmaintained runways for smuggling/spec ops missions. Smth like bumpy, inclined, gravel or muddy bush/jungle dirt airstrips usually suitable for STOL planes only and not necessarily supporting AI autoland feature (which might be a little easier to create, I guess).

• Like 1

18 hours ago, CameronMcDonald said:

Sounds intriguing!

Re: your flags - the Arabic script needs some adjustment. What is the transliteration or literal meaning in English that you're chasing?

One above would be a slogan "thanks Obama", second below is "south" aka janub.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, icebreakr said:

One above would be a slogan "thanks Obama", second below is "south" aka janub.

No worries!

First one, either:

شكراً يا أوباما

-or-

ثينكس أوباما

(The first is what you'd say if you were thanking the ex-president personally (if informally) in Arabic, while the second is pretty much 'theyyynks Obama' transliterated)

Second one:

جنوب

Best of luck with the terrains! 👍

• Like 1

Oil fields done so BAF and US forces can protect them in upcoming missions 😉 onwards to terrain details and town placement with buddies 😉

• Like 1

Do you stream any of your development at all? 

Would be interested to see part of your processes and how you tackle populating the area. 

I've wanted to get into terrain development for a while but the idea of placing so many objects is daunting :rofl:

20 hours ago, BroBeans. said:

Do you stream any of your development at all? 

Would be interested to see part of your processes and how you tackle populating the area. 

I've wanted to get into terrain development for a while but the idea of placing so many objects is daunting :rofl:

Sadly no. I've though about it to use Twitch, but that is just extra work for me so I avoid it. I use several apps in the process and switching andcan be a bit confusing 😉 also I work on several monitors, so I am not sure how that would even function.

If there are any guys that have some cool objects *done* and would contribute to this desert project, hit me up in DM 😉 

• Like 1

On 3/28/2021 at 4:20 AM, soldier2390@hotmail.com said:

Sounds interesting what’s the cell size?

3m

• Thanks 1

I am looking for help with this project and Feralia map.
Requested:
- I would need new rocks and rock formations, I can texture them. Basically models with LODs, GEO, FireGeo lod, shadow lod, path / roadway.

Willing to buy if you point me to the source that I can import without major hassle. Thanks!

• Like 1

On 11/3/2021 at 9:51 AM, icebreakr said:

Willing to buy if you point me to the source that I can import without major hassle. Thanks!

Probably you already knew this source, but anyway... 
Free ones, filtered for "rocks" and suitable licenses: 
Sketchfab - > click

LODs are required, the last one needs to be around 300-400 max 😉

Project has been renamed to Lamubia not to be similiar to Pilanesberg one. Work continues 😉

• Like 4

Where roughly will this be set geographically wise? Every map set in Africa/Middle East is just desert or only a small amount of trees and grass.

On 2/5/2022 at 9:29 AM, TheAbsoluteUnit said:

Where roughly will this be set geographically wise? Every map set in Africa/Middle East is just desert or only a small amount of trees and grass.

Libya.

• Like 2