Hello,

PBO Viewer is an open-source project to interact with PBO files. It is a substitute for the old Pbo Manager that everyone knows.

Moreover, PBO Viewer is the only cross-platform PBO tool with a graphic interface. A CLI interface is also available.

Features:

• Cross-platform support: works on Linux, macOS, and Windows thanks to .Net 5
  • No dependencies needed, everything is shipped in the .zip
  • PBO pack / unpack
  • Add file or folder, delete file or folder, rename file or folder, copy file or folder, and open file directly in a PBO
  • File Explorer graphic interface
  • Windows integration (right-click menu, double click to open a PBO file)

This project uses a modified version of PBO Sharp: https://github.com/Paton7/PBOSharp

You can find the project here on GitHub: https://github.com/SteezCram/PboViewer

The binaries are here: https://github.com/SteezCram/PboViewer/releases

I hope you will enjoy my project. You can open an issue, start it if you like it or create a pull request to improve it!

SteezCram

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Nice! I just tried it out and looks really good. I really like to open pbos without having to unpack them 🙂 I also left some comments over on GitHub 😉 

Thanks, I will check that!

Don't hesitate to star the project if you like it

Link to Binaries page is broken.  Please update status.

Thx

I think you copied the dot after the URL. I have removed it!

Works very well. Keep up the good work. 

With the demise of Armaholic today, the stock of this app has risen.

Try and find a simple PBO manager with a GUI on the internet from a trusted source.  

Thank you very much for you comments 🙂 !

I have some ways to improve it, I will do it when I have some free time.

I tried to use this tool so I checked all the checkboxes in the settings menu, and I still have nothing when I right click on a pbo 

even after a reboot 

and I don't have the icon on my files 

9 hours ago, xjoker_ said:

I tried to use this tool so I checked all the checkboxes in the settings menu, and I still have nothing when I right click on a pbo 

even after a reboot 

and I don't have the icon on my files 

Hello, it should launch a batch in administration mode. You need to accept it to have the effect since I don't provide any installer to do it.

yeah but when I say "yes" to start the batch in admin mode, nothing happens 

If you have already PBO Manager installed, it can cause some conflicts, you can find the batch, modify it to never close it, execute it through the CMD, and see if you already the registry key and confirm.

If I remember I change my .bat to erase all the previous registry keys. But they will be available in a future version. I will also complete the wiki too 🙂

Hello, a new version is available,

The new version of PBO Viewer brings some fixes, MD5 hash support, and a home button. An installer is now available on Windows.

I have also repair the OS integration for Windows, I have forgotten to include some DLL.

The link is here: https://github.com/SteezCram/PboViewer/releases/tag/v1.4.2

• Like 1

Hello,

Having issues unpacking the pbo from missions I have made.

it is adding this to the start of the mission.sqm and it should not be there or at least commented out. Problem is the ediotr will not open the file and lists the errors below.

sable random button and shortcut keys
LARs_overrideVA_random = 1;

it is not adding the end of the file either and cuts it off. Example below

};
            class Item112
            {
                linkID=112;
                item0=4129;
                item1=4113;
                class Cu

it is missing this last part to end the file

class CustomData
                {
                    type="Sync";
                };
            };

};

};

I would love to use this as Mikeros tools have crapped the bed and no longer work no matter what i do.

thanks!

16 hours ago, rowdied said:

Hello,

Having issues unpacking the pbo from missions I have made...

Hello, can you send me your PBO to test with him?

Software isn't usable.

My primary issue is that it isn't reading the PBO's properly. It's cutting off lines from a file and putting the lines into another file, causing a complete incompatibility and broken project. For example, I'm getting the middle/end of a README file at the top of a Mission.sqm file, among many other things.

For context, I am trying to unpack a KP Liberation file to configure and modify it.

Hello,

I'm aware of that, but an easy work around is just using PBO Manager, unpack the PBO and pack it with PBO Viewer.

It's a problem of encoding, but I don't know where he come from since PBO Manager doesn't have it.

Hello,

I've downloaded the macos GUI .zip file, and once unzipped I could not find the application to run it on macos. How can I run this or compile it to run on macos?

как открыть файл с расширением pbo который защищен как его расшифровать ???

On 4/23/2023 at 4:42 PM, Prizrok100 said:

как открыть файл с расширением pbo который защищен как его расшифровать ???

Use English.

There is a reason why encrypted/obfuscated PBOs are encrypted - so you don't modify them. Ask author of said PBO to give you permission to modify his work and send you original files.

• Like 1

On 26.04.2023 at 16:25, honger said:

Используйте английский.

Существует причина, по которой зашифрованные PBO зашифрованы - чтобы вы не изменяли их. Попросите автора указанного PBO дать вам разрешение на изменение его работы и отправить вам оригинальные файлы.

я свои пбо хочу вскрывать они давно у меня на пк лежат а вскрыть не могу их !!!

1 hour ago, Prizrok100 said:

I want to open my PBOs, they have been on my PC for a long time, but I can't open them !!!

This is an English speaking forum and and a requirement as per guidelines. Therefore, please post your replies in English language. It is easier for you to translate it once instead of forcing everyone on the forum that want to read your post to do so.

Hello everyone.

For whatever reason, I am now stuck behind a Mac, and craving to do some Arma modding. Thankfully, BI has updated its Mac port (hurray!).

But I cannot unpack PBO files or unbinarise them, because both Mikeros tools, the popular PBO manager, and Arma 3 Tools, are still Windows based. Your project seems a perfect fix, but I am running into an issue.

The contents (listing) of PBOs can be seen, and they can be unpacked. But the files themselves are unreadable. That is, media such as .ogg cannot be played, and script files such as .sqm, .sqf, and .ext, are read as random (not binarized with some variable names- random) characters by VS Code and text programs. 

I have used both your CLI version and the GUI using a WINE wrapper. Same result. Could you, or any users, give me a tip?