Sign in to follow this  
shadow

How to put a weapon on a vehicle

I'm still very new at modifying units/vehicles.

All I've done this far is alter existing weapons-characteristics, behaviour etc (config.cpp).

I got this Zodiac that was made by "CWK". I want to put a M60 up front on it. Can someone tell me where to start and how?

Don't worry, I won't release it publicly without CWK's permission and only if it works out fine. This is more for myself to start learning addon-making and to have some toys to play with smile.gif

Is there a tutorial somewhere that explain terms like "proxy" and what all those numbers in a recoil-definition means and as many other commands/parameters as possible ?

Thanks in advance

edit: Oh and I can't get the boat to go any faster than 105km/h, even if I set the top-speed to 200. I believe it has something to do with how the boat react to the waves. Each time you hear the water-splash the boat jumps a little and looses speed confused.gif

Any way to control how the boat floats on the water?

Thank you smile.gif

On both points wink.gif

Will look into those tuts there.

Cheers

Guest BratZ

You say you want to mount a M60 on a Boat, well putting a turret on the boat is just a matter of some axis points and selection names and few parts in config.cpp

You actually don't even need a modeled gun,putting the points and declaring it would have an invisible gun

But what I am getting at is,putting a M60 there,now your talking a proxy object that is already made,just has some more config and slightly harder to proxy an already made object there

Saves some trouble to actually model the turret gun with your model

I've never made an addon and I still have'nt installed O2, so I thought that starting with config.cpp editing would be a good thing.

I've looked everywhere on how proxy's work. No luck confused.gif

Anyone have any samples that could help?

At first I would like to use OFP's M60 up front on the boat.

Guest BratZ

The proxy's are tough,mainly because there isn't much info/help out there.

Which is something I have been wanting to say....

I am far from the best modeler but I help people where I can,I don't mind giving out information that I even discovered if it is to help someone else save time or make their model better.

But It appears many many modelers are holding information that could be helpfull to us all.Some apparantly came here,learned their stuff and left.

Please share any knowledge that you may have,I have spent hours learning things that people already knew.

Its very frustrating and I won't be one of the ones to keep my knowledge secret so my mods are better or whatever the case may be.And of course I am not talking about all mod gurus.Many thanx to Col Klink ,Brsseb,Kegetys,Vixer,Denoir and others that have been helping (soory If I missed your name but you know who you are)

If you have left any information in these forums,I have prolly learned from it.

So to get back on topic here,I haven't made any boats yet,but could be the geometry making it not go top speed.As a plane will do similiar things and even hurt itself while taking off if your land contacts (boats dont have these?) or geometry is off (or too heavy,too light etc...)

Now the proxy thing,I have had a few succesfull attempts and have to figure it out everytime,sure wish I knew more about it

But you asked "How to start?"

Well I know you need to open the model and proxy it like a vehicle position

define the axis and gun points ,and gun body etc...

Then define it like a weapon in the cpp

But then the tricky part of defining it as a weapon and a cfgnonaivehicles

I wish I knew enough to say more,but asides from viewing other models,I havent mastered it yet

I m not a coder but could'nt possible to add in EventHandlers a related getpos ?? setpos ??

I repeat I'm not a coder.. confused.gif

Guest BratZ

I have sucess proxy bombs that disappear after used,I forgot to mention.

And my BIGGEST learning tool for my whole project was the DKMM Ov10 Bronco.

Many thanx to the DKM guys also Rastovich has been helping in these forums.

But the Ov10 Bronco has proxy's that they made as free fall bombs,whichis same type I needed to use for my bomb bay.

But anyways,currently has a recoil problem (odd and it shoots them forward,slowing the plane down)

But anyways I will prolly just redefine the weapon again.

But the proxy part is working properly.

My best resource for modelling has been that Bronco!!