sebsterbl

[SHOWCASE] Model Village Script

Iam definitelly gonna try this. Really nice work.

• Like 1

Really good work. Is it possible for the earth to be a map and not the soil material?

• Like 2

That's so cool. 😎 

• Like 2

...suddenly I hear Lee Marvin's voice from "Dirty Dozen".

Great work, thanks!

• Like 3

Really creative, great work, I can't wait to try it out myself. 

• Like 2

Wildly awesome idea -love it. And whomever brought Lee Marvin into the thread - Upvote!

• Like 1

This is pretty interesting, but my testing is not yielding good results. Is anyone testing this getting it to work well for them?

• Like 1

The only issue I had was that when using terrain resolution variable less than 20, the cubes get bigger also in height, so they can stick out from under the table. Otherwise, it seems fine to me, but I haven't checked it in MP, for example.

• Like 1

Very clever usage of createSimpleObject!

We are using it in our next mission, however adding mods to our mod line is non-trivial, so converted it to a plain script used with call compile, but it's not executing in an MP environment.

Ai3Rv4s.jpg

Do you have any script version available that works for MP?

Otherwise, I will put it into the functions framework and use it with remote exec, so then that should work

Buenas alguien tiene una composición de este mod o un video donde explique como se instala gracias 

• Confused 2

6 hours ago, lince87 said:

Buenas alguien tiene una composición de este mod o un video donde explique como se instala gracias 

Nej det tror jeg ikke lige du skal regne med,  men spørg i engelsk så er der flere som kan hjælpe dig ?

• Haha 3

So the way I ended up using it in my mission was just by manually executing it globally via debug console, however, it ended up hovering over the table.

We also noticed a massive performance hit (default resolution, 3.5x size and urban area about 1kmx1km, as seen in my earlier picture).

Deleting it when done make a lot of sense, so that's what I did.

I recommend to everyone using this to have it off by default, and turned on with an add-action menu option, with an option to also turn it off when not needed anymore.

It was impressive though!

• Like 2

Yeah, depending on how big of an area you want to feature, performance issues are a given: in your case you're essentially rendering half of Zargabad on top of what your character sees normally. And Arma being Arma... we know how it ends!

That's why I mentioned Dirty Dozen before: this script seems to work fine when used to depict small area/single building like in the movie. Not to mention the "realism aspect" - I guess when planning operations in cities very few outfits would make such model, usually just resort to using maps and/or aerial/satellite photography. But this looks way cooler! :smile_o:

EDIT: Not a request, because I don't think it's possible in Arma, but imagine how great it would be to apply custom material for spawned objects, to make it look like a sci-fi movie hologram display!