tirpitz

[Solved] DSUtils Not signing a PBO correctly

I have 1 PBO that refused to pass signature checks, although the signature check utility does not throw and error.

when launching Arma with the  verify signatures it does not pass with error 0x22.

14:51:57 Signature tests for F:\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\Tirpitz%20[AM%202SA]\mods\TAW Community pack Public\addons\revo_reducedweaponsway.pbo PASSED!
14:51:57 Signature F:\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\Tirpitz%20[AM%202SA]\mods\TAW Community pack Public\addons\rhs_no_smoke_bounce.pbo is wrong. Error 0x22. Test FAILED!

1OXmnbf.png

c3A4xAa.png

both of these mods were signed using the same private key, at the same time in the same batch operation.
PBO is available at link (11KB): https://drive.google.com/file/d/11VoGyFmSCPkDD0RI-Ck5BcvFdpNOpkFs/view?usp=sharing
I have tried padding the config.cpp in the pbo (the only thing in there) with comments just in case the file was too small to generate a proper signature. I have tried changing the name of the file, the location on the drive to eliminate path name errors. Padding with images doesnt work either.

I am running out of ideas.

PBO was packed with PBO manager.

Any help appreciated.

AAAND Of course as soon as I ask here I find a workaround.

when I tried to use the official addon builder it worked.

Although PBO manager has worked fine in the past and still does for other PBOs I dont know what is going on there.

I have since encountered this error on several more PBOS, some published by myself some by others.

Is there anyone in a position to shed some light on to why this happens or how to avoid it.

Sometimes using the official addon builder works, sometimes only 3rd party packers. sometimes I have to use the binarize option to get a successful signature.

I seem to be having the same issue or something somewhat similar. My files are failing the signature check; I triple-checked all file destinations, started over from scratch, and even it still fails.

On 4/25/2021 at 3:43 PM, KokayneKrayzie said:

I seem to be having the same issue or something somewhat similar. My files are failing the signature check; I triple-checked all file destinations, started over from scratch, and even it still fails.

I again re-encountered this issue when using Hemtt mod build chain.
Solution change to V2 signatures from V3.