thirith

Nestled call/spawn script (using playSound3D) not working on dedicated server

I'm using the code below in a waypoint completion script. It plays when a unit has boarded a transport helicopter, playing a "Go, go go!" sound originating from the unit. This works fine when I play the mission from the editor or on a non-dedicated server, but last weekend we tried it out on a dedicated server and the "Go, go, go!" didn't play.

if (isServer) then 
	{
	call
		{
		[] spawn 
			{
			playSound3D ["A3\dubbing_f_beta\firing_drills\Timing\firing_drills_timing_ROF_4.ogg", passengerGreen1];
			sleep .32;
			playSound3D ["A3\dubbing_f_beta\firing_drills\Timing\firing_drills_timing_ROF_4.ogg", passengerRed2];
			sleep .32;
			playSound3D ["A3\dubbing_f_beta\firing_drills\Timing\firing_drills_timing_ROF_4.ogg", passengerRed2]
			};
		};
	};

Any idea what the problem might be? (To be honest, I don't work with call or spawn very often, and this is code that I originally wrote years ago but never tried on a dedicated server, so I wouldn't remember why I went for the call/spawn combo, in case this is what causes the problem.)

it's not because of the call/spawn. though I don't understand why you have that call there?

oh and make sure the passengerGreen1 etc are defined in server

I agree with you about the call; I put it in there for a reason, probably because someone told me to, or because I read it somewhere, but I can't remember what that reason was - as I said, this was years ago, and unfortunately I don't script on a regular basis. The variables and names are definitely defined in server, because they're also used for different scripts. The only bits of script that I actively noticed not working were the playSound3D ones.