Sign in to follow this  
coffeeshock

Forced radial blur with optical sights since hotfix...

Since the latest hotfix all sights now have an atrocious blur effect, even when you shoot in third person and I cannot change or disable it in the options like it says in the patch notes. Makes the game unplayable for me... 

Tweaked: Replaced Chromatic Aberration Post Processing effects on ACRO, RCO, MRCO and Promet Modular Sight by Radial Blur (this effect can be tweaked via the Radial Blur slider in Video Settings > AA & PP) - FT-T156991

Are you trying to troubleshoot an issue or are you saying that there's a bug in the game? 

You mean the slight black shading inside the optics, that looks like the shooter's eye relief is just a bit off from the correct distance from the sight for a perfect sight picture?

16 hours ago, coffeeshock said:

Since the latest hotfix all sights now have an atrocious blur effect

Hi, please can you provide some more information for us?

1. Do you have any mods loaded, and if so, can you try it also without any mods?
  2. When precisely does the issue start? Right from a scenario start? When you switch to the optics and back out? When you've died? What are the exact steps leading to this issue?
  3. You mention "all sights", but not all of them were tweaked. Can you list the ones that are affected?

Is it possible you died during a high altitude free fall?

2 minutes ago, DnA said:

Hi, please can you provide some more information for us?

1. Do you have any mods loaded, and if so, can you try it also without any mods?
  2. When precisely does the issue start? Right from a scenario start? When you switch to the optics and back out? When you've died? What are the exact steps leading to this issue?
  3. You mention "all sights", but not all of them were tweaked. Can you list the ones that are affected?

I guess it's not actually radial blur within the optics, it's this new "heat wave" animation at the muzzle (that's why it's also visible outside of optics) which looks awful and probably wastes CPU/GPU power. So how or where do I turn it off?

Okay nvm I am retarded lol. So the mod Blastcore Murr Edition was active and was also updated at the same as the hotfix which I didn't notice since my launcher language resets to german for whatever reason after an Arma game update, so I also instantly close it and restart it, that's why I probably didn't notice it right away. Anyway I deactivated Blastcore and now it's gone. 

• Thanks 1