MrSydney

Weapon restrictions for specific roles

Hello,

I would like to add weapon restrictions to specific classes. For example only AT's can carry launchers, only engineers can carry explosive charges and only medics can carry medkits. In my mission, players will be given a virtual arsenal at the start, but I don't want them to pick up anything they are not supposed to later on. So the restrictions should always apply. I have seen a few topics on how to restrict the arsenal but that is not going to work.

Does anybody know how I can do that?

Thank you

See

Combine that with typeOf unit or roleDescription or something. 

That's not enough if you can grab what you want during game.

The way seems to be a loop (0.5 or 1 sec. , no need to run that on each frame) with a code removing undue magazines and weapons, per type of player.

Thank you. A loop does sound like a pretty good solution. Should I run the loop in initPlayer? Also, is there a way I can display a little message to the players if some of their items/weapons have been removed because they are not suited for their role? For example "Weapon or item in your inventory does not fit your role and has been removed."

Yes, initPlayerLocal.sqf is the right place. And right place also for such hint (effects_local.gif)

My inventory clean function is called from inventory closed, take, arsenal closed & fired event handlers (the last one doesn't really have to be there)

I was thinking of using getUnitLoadout to get the player's loadout, and then using BIS_fnc_inString to look for each of the restricted weapons, one by one. If it returns true, I can remove the weapon. But that idea is going to take a really long time to code, is there a faster way that I can compare player's invenotries to the restricted weapons list?