Aurora152

AI stops driving when player is moved into vehicle

Hello All,

At the start of my mission, your screen is black whilst you are moved into one of two Humvees in a convoy. 

The Humvees are driven by AI that are grouped together. They have a waypoint which is set to Careless and Forced Hold Fire.

For some reason, when the player is moved into humvee2 the vehicle stops. However, if the player is moved into humvee1 it carries on moving fine.

I am using:

(player moveInAny humvee2) or (player moveInAny humvee1);

in a trigger that is activated by any player and is repeatable.

Does anybody know how to fix the trail Humvee stopping when a player moves into the vehicle?

TIA,

Aurora

maybe the player moves to commander seat? that might cause it. assuming humvees have a com seat

@gc8 The player is prioritised into the gunner seat first, then the "co-driver" (front passenger), then into the rear passenger seats. It wouldn't explain why the lead vehicle doesn't stop though?

10 hours ago, Aurora152 said:

@gc8 The player is prioritised into the gunner seat first, then the "co-driver" (front passenger), then into the rear passenger seats. It wouldn't explain why the lead vehicle doesn't stop though?

according to the wiki the priority is first driver then commander

I already have an AI driving the car, so the player is put into the next highest priority position? I have also locked the driver seat so the player cant switch to it or remove the AI driver.

3 minutes ago, Aurora152 said:

so the player is put into the next highest priority position?

yes

I have given up trying to fix the second Humvee and substituted with a single larger vehicle that can fit everybody. However, now I have the problem that the driver stops at the first waypoint...

I have tried using the completion radius but that doesn't work...

Is the first waypoint a "move" ? If so they will stop momentarily then resume.

If the driver is following a road, just put a waypoint where you want him to stop cause in my experience he will drive on the road to that point himself even if it's a bit distant away.

• Like 1

The two AI drivers have different fsm. The leader follow a track for waypoint, the 2nd follow the leader, and I presume you add a setConvoySeparation to make it neat.

Difficult to say why the 2nd vehicle stops. That can be like a collision (with player) detection or anything else. So, you should try something different: an already seated player instead a move, a moveInCargo, 2 separate vehicles; a waypoint added after the player joins... Your mission seems to be SP, so keep it simple.

• Like 1

I've deleted the MOVE waypoint, and just got the end transport unload waypoint. the driver goes a different way to what I want him to, but I can work with it. Thanks for the help. 🙂