gc8

Hidden vehicle not moving

Hey

is it possible to make vehicle hidden and make it move on waypoints? I ask because I cant get the vehicle moving while it's hidden. Men seems to have no problem moving while hidden, it's just the vehicles

thx

16 hours ago, Melody_Mike said:

Does it have to be 100% invisible? 

The idea is to have the vehicle hidden until detected by the enemy

Heya, 

Late reply. Sorry I am confused. When you say "make vehicle hidden" I think of hideObjectGlobal.

But how does the AI detect the vehicle then? Or do you mean partially invisible?

2 minutes ago, Melody_Mike said:

Late reply. Sorry I am confused. When you say "make vehicle hidden" I think of hideObjectGlobal.

yeah using that

2 minutes ago, Melody_Mike said:

But how does the AI detect the vehicle then? Or do you mean partially invisible?

I have some code for this so it's no problem

Wow, ok. 

Can you teleport the vehicle (or just createVehicle) to a moving marker/game logic when the AI is triggered?

26 minutes ago, Melody_Mike said:

Can you teleport the vehicle (or just createVehicle) to a moving marker/game logic when the AI is triggered?

It would be far better if the vehicle would move it self.

I think this could be bug in arma and I would like to create ticket but I don't know how (will try it again later)

Okey :)

To create ticket, you can use this: https://feedback.bistudio.com/w/ft_a3_howto/general/
Login is same as with forums here. I used this system and they did include my suggestion in a patch. 

I think it would help if you gave context on what you were trying to do. Like literally, what is the hidden vehicle, why is it hidden, and what is the in-game reason why it should get visible?

Because yes, hideObject is strange for vehicles (no collisions, but still shooting, particles, and sounds). 
What happens if you setObjectTextureGlobal an invisible (alpha channel only) texture on the vehicle?

@Melody_Mike hey thanks for the link, will post there later!

I'm doing RTS game mode and i dont want the commander to be able to see the enemy infantry/vehicles. so that's why I'm hiding them...

I'll keep the setObjectTextureGlobal  in mind, havent tested it yet