Vlad Ignatenko

[SP/CO - 4] "SILVER WIND"

loadpic.jpg

SILVER WIND 

SP / COOP-4 scenario

What was seemed like objective for routine reconaissance patrol, appeared to be horrifying global conspiracy...

Making this scenario was inspired by classic british SAS reconaissance missions in desert by small motorised patrols. Like it was described in books such as "Bravo-2-0" and "The Real Bravo Two Zero". Also a bit of influence was gained from "Arma 3 Dunes" campaign and Ghost Recon series. You will play as 4 man team leader and carry out remote patrol to recon suspiciious CSAT activity in Central Africa. Secret chemical or bacteriological research complex was discovered in the middle of the desert and your job is to investigate it and find out it's real purpose.

Scenario can be completed several ways, depending on play style. Choose your own approach. You can have lots of action and intence firefights. Or you can choose stealthy style with silent sentries elemination, or even don't engage at all and focus on just surveillance. The main goal was to create story and atmosphere of small patrol, left alone in the middle of hostile desert. Approx play time is 2-4 hours, depending on play style.

No mods needed. Terrain - G.O.S. N'Djenahoud.

Steam Workshop link

• Like 4

Hurrah! A mission that doesn't ask the complexity of ACE and doesn't need many gigabytes of mod downloads!
(I say this as someone who loves playing with ACE, but has a hard time getting new players to join him!)

Looks pretty polished. Will try it this weekend.

27 minutes ago, Melody_Mike said:

Hurrah! A mission that doesn't ask the complexity of ACE and doesn't need many gigabytes of mod downloads!
(I say this as someone who loves playing with ACE, but has a hard time getting new players to join him!)

Looks pretty polished. Will try it this weekend.

I always thought that missions should be made with minimal use of mods, or even better with no mods at all. If someone wants to play with mods or ace, he easily could use them any time. But there also should be possibility to play without them for those who want. Thankfully, vanilla arma already have more then enough different assets for implementation.

• Like 1

thanks for your mission.
It gave me the opportunity to discover G.O.S. N'Djenahoud. 😀
i liked the mission a lot although i mostly played the far-away surveillance style with binoculars. Next time i play it, i ll try to sneak inside the compounds  to have more information.