beqanyc

Save File Issues in long missions Arma 3

Hello Everyone,

I am working on dynamic single player mission, using EOS script to populate the Island. After 5 hours in single player game, loading the game becomes a big issue. Takes longer and longer to load the save file. I have cleanup script that deletes everything from debris to empty groups.

However, loading the save file is still takes a long time. I want to play never ending mission ” Open world” scenario where I can save and load the game without waiting for a very long time to load.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

I looked all over the internet I can’t find any useful information on how I can fix this issue.

I looked in to Persistent save similar to antistatic missions

And in to INIDBI2 https://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=29823

My scripting knowledge is limited, any help would be greatly appreciated.

System specs

I9900k

2080Gtx

16gbRAM

m2 nvme SSD (ARMA 3 Install location)

What causes the save file to get bigger and bigger? 

That is a very good question stanhope , i have no idea. Unfortunately, I don't know how Arma 3 save system works or what makes it grow. The problem is after some time of playing a single player mission , to load the game it takes 3 - 5 min . besides 5 or 6 empty vehicles , my single player map is completely dependent on EOS ai spawn system. I Also have garbage cleaner script which cleans everting , such as wracks , weapons , bodies , empty groups , or any item on the ground not in storage.  Mission performance is very good , it does not lag or have any issues with FPS.

I am suspecting this might be Arma 3 save engine limitation, like its just accumulating a lot of in game data and save file just gets larger in size and longer to load. But i might be wrong.

Hoping to find any suggestion on this matter.     

Unfortunately, I could not find any direct solution to this problem. Only thing I could do is split mission in several parts.

Mind for other "spawners". There are plenty of codes and modules for that.