Sign in to follow this  
nopulse

Script ideas

Is it possible to have a script so that if your on ground/infantry that 3rd person is disabled, but when your in a vehicle its enabled?

Also is there a way to have a script that even though you have taken possession of an enemy vehicle (west takes east t80) that you show up as a friendly target on your team? It would reduces the number of FF.

Do a check to see if vehicle player == player, then call player switchCamera "INTERNAL" over and over I suppose.

As for your second question, no I do not believe it's possible. You could write a script to "change over" a vehicle to that person's side's equivalent. All of a sudden a UAZ becomes a Jeep when you board it. Maybe the Comanche addon where it masks targetting might have something?

Doolittle

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Doolittle @ Feb. 04 2003,10:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Maybe the Comanche addon where it masks targetting might have something?<span id='postcolor'>

The Comanche addon does the trick by creating empty choppers all over the Comanche and setPosing the randomly around. That causes the radar blips all over the scope.

edit: I may be wrong here, but I recall that BIS changed the vehicle side detection routine in one of the latest patches, and I even remember taking part on a thread discussing the problem before the patch was released (see, BIS listens to us! wink.gif ). Before the patch the side of the vehicle changed instantly to the side of the unit inside, but now it requires a close by identification before the side change is confirmed.

I believe it can be overriden by scripting, using the reveal-command to reveal the unit to friendlies.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Spitfire @ Feb. 04 2003,18:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Before the patch the side of the vehicle changed instantly to the side of the unit inside, but now it requires a close by identification before the side change is confirmed.<span id='postcolor'>

I think it's ok now. How can I know that Hind is piloted by western or eastern soldier ? It's east heli so west shoud shoot it down on sight. wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Bart.Jan @ Feb. 04 2003,19:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think it's ok now. How can I know that Hind is piloted by western or eastern soldier ? It's east heli so west shoud shoot it down on sight.  wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I agree. I just managed to find the thread I mentioned. I can only wish that this thread made the difference wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Doolittle @ Feb. 04 2003,09:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Do a check to see if vehicle player == player, then call player switchCamera "INTERNAL" over and over I suppose.<span id='postcolor'>

Can you make us a script like this please doolittle?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Can you make us a script like this please doolittle?<span id='postcolor'>

confused.gif come on

It's just 3 lines maximum - you really requesting a script,

where he already posted, how to do it?

~S~ CD