Victim_913

AI not following orders

I've been working on my own mod lately and haven't actually played the game in a while. Finishing my mod, I tried using it and playing to make sure it's good. 

For starters, none of my team does anything. They won't respond to anything except return to formation. I've tried the usual action menu "move there" or get inside, etc from both regular mode and command mode. They won't budge. Using the menus to change formation, lay down, stand up, etc, nothing. 

Another thing was in command mode. I open the map and select unit F3, for example and I can't select using F# in the map.

I have internet trouble, so I haven't updated since 6/19. But I saw nothing in the newer changelings to reflect any issues.

I open the game from a desktop shortcut and I noticed another problem. I have a shortcut to start with all mods loaded and a separate one with no kids loaded. I triple checked where they both start from and exe from. No matter what. The game starts loading all mods even though they are not in the shortcut.

I even started from the exe itself from its location and it still loads all mods even though it's only the exe.

I was able to create a new one and I played the game with just exe. No mods and I still can't get AI to follow orders. They just stand there.

Any ideas? I'll have to wait to update the game. But maybe someone out there knows something about it.

Personally I think it might have to do with Old man. That one mixed into the add-ons folder instead of creating its own. So I don't know if I can just remove the old man pbos or not.

Thanks

Uhhhh, update the game? No point trying to fix an issue when you don't have a.... current.... version of the game. 

Yes, first of all, update your game et verify integrity of local files (steam/ arma3, right click properties local files).

On the other hand, ARMA is not free of bugs. Like this reproducible behavior, if 2 players choose squad leader and marksman (in vanilla weapon squad), the AIs will never obey a move order from the leader but will follow the marksman (other player). The return to position works, not the move.

Same bug, in SP this time, with unconscious units in group. If marksman is unconscious (scripted), the units disobey at the move command.

On 2/23/2021 at 1:31 AM, beno_83au said:

Uhhhh, update the game? No point trying to fix an issue when you don't have a.... current.... version of the game. 

Thanks but there was a point. If it was something like the oldman add-on or one of the others, I could just play without that mod. Until I can get back online. 

Or maybe it only happens because I open the game through a shortcut instead of the official startup.

Also the second reply might have pointed out something that might cause it. And has nothing to do with update.

I would love to update but the world in shit right now, money goes to food not internet. 

I just wanted to see if I was stuck without playing the game for months, when there might be an easy fix. 

But thanks for the informative answer. I was up to date until the last update.