Mod version : 0.1.11 (2021.03.09)

v2nQ7s1.jpg

Zone 51 is an edited version of the Island 51 terrain, originally made by the late Bushlurker. More informations on the original addon can be found here : https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/201522-bushlurker-island-51-terrain-builder-51km-test/

Zone 51 is stand-alone and doesn't require the Island 51 addon; it will, however, override the original terrain configuration if both are loaded at the same time : load either Zone 51 or Island 51, not both.

It is not, by any mean, a “better” version of Island 51 – the goal here was to achieve a different, somewhat grimmer mood, and to set up a suitable terrain for future projects related to the Remnant mod.

Changelog
New detailed ground textures.
Edited vegetation clutter.
New Environment Soundsets.
Added a “Vegetation Replacer” module.

License
Arma Public License Share Alike (APL-SA)
APL-SA.png

Download

0437E3F54CD5703591BFABCB7583E52C0B163379

Thanks to everyone supporting me on Pateon!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

The island is beautiful in it's original state, and amazingly intriguing with vegetation replacement module. However, the mysterious, barren, rocky landscape is hard to capture on picture: POLPOX's Artwork Supporter won't work with module activated - buttons and keyboard controls are unresponsive. Maybe that's because of the phantoms roaming these lands, we know how they react to cameras...

Also, if an addon is used, that doesn't have units array in CfgPatches (because it doesn't have any units), game will throw an error about missing config entry at the start of the mission. Workaround would be adding empty units array in CfgPatches of that addon, but that may not be always possible (author is long gone etc.).

Without vegetation replacement module all works without a hitch.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, krzychuzokecia said:

Without vegetation replacement module all works without a hitch.

The only issues I've ran into with the veg replacement module are related to draw distance and sampling settings, there's clearly a tipping point where the video settings and the module decide to part company.

I can run the map without the module with max view distance and sampling set to 200% with no problems. When the module is placed with these settings the map/application just freezes.

With the module placed, my sweet spot is draw distance no more than 3600, and sampling set to 125% :supercool:

• Like 1

Yes, that's something I should mention in the description : the module dynamically spawns rocks in a radius defined by the view distance... I chose not to set any hard limit for now, but the script is going to need some tweaking, possibly a different approach. I've been busy this week-end, but I'll try to work something out soon. 😉 

EDIT : I'll also implement the low fog effect seen on some of the screenshots.

• Like 1

I haven't had any problems with performance really, maybe only longer time to load the mission. The "popping" of the rocks was visible without fog, but adding a little bit of it made it unnoticeable.

On 2/28/2021 at 3:09 PM, haleks said:

missed that edit ^^ :rthumb:  (that would be a neat addition the Ravage Atmosphere module too)

• Like 1

A quick heads-up : it has been reported that the config was creating a dependency with the Contact DLC. A small update has been pushed earlier today to address that issue - note that the update may affect the overcast settings on already existing missions, so you might need to adjust those.

• Like 4

On 2/28/2021 at 11:09 AM, haleks said:

Yes, that's something I should mention in the description : the module dynamically spawns rocks in a radius defined by the view distance... I chose not to set any hard limit for now, but the script is going to need some tweaking, possibly a different approach. I've been busy this week-end, but I'll try to work something out soon. 😉 

This fog is amazing!