Sign in to follow this  
5mpower

Need a help with save parameters file (log file) somewhere

Hello for everyone!
I have a trouble: my script takes screenshot of object and i need to create log file with full dimensions of this object (basically, i need a four points of object: upper left, upper right, lower left, lower right). How can i save it? I read about saveProfileNamespace, but i cant find where i can find file with logs in arma 3 directory. Or maybe there are any way of creating .txt file with each screensot? Thanks for help before! 

Do you need to be able to access the data in game again or just export it? 

If you need to be able to access it again: saveProfileNamespace is indeed the way to go.  Using profileNamespace setVariable ["your_prefix_dim",[x,y,z,...]]; and then saveprofilenamespace, to load it again, use profileNamespace getVariable ["your_prefix_dim",[];

If you do not need to access the data again: diag_log to write it to your RPT or copyToClipboard to copy it to your clipboard

On 2/20/2021 at 11:14 PM, stanhope said:

Do you need to be able to access the data in game again or just export it? 

If you need to be able to access it again: saveProfileNamespace is indeed the way to go.  Using profileNamespace setVariable ["your_prefix_dim",[x,y,z,...]]; and then saveprofilenamespace, to load it again, use profileNamespace getVariable ["your_prefix_dim",[];

If you do not need to access the data again: diag_log to write it to your RPT or copyToClipboard to copy it to your clipboard

Can i ask one more question? Is there Any function to get 4 extreme points of object? (Top left, top right, etc..). BoundingBoxReal?