h34dup

WW2 Rangers Airfield Raid [SP]

iIgwMtX.png

DOWNLOAD (v0.5 beta):

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2400461751

Lead your team of rangers to conduct a “butcher and bolt” raid on a small enemy-held airstrip. Your mission is to infiltrate Norway via amphibious landing and make your way inland to rendezvous with a contact from the Norwegian resistance (Milorg), who will provide details on the location of your primary targets: a German special airplane, and an anti-aircraft defense site. Your squad is tasked with infiltrating the airfield, assaulting the enemy, destroying all primary targets, and pursuing any secondary objectives, before exfiltrating to the extraction point back along the Norwegian coast.

FEATURES

• SP or COOPERATIVE play in the spirit of H&D2 and the Commandos series, loosely inspired by real raids conducted by the 29th Ranger Battalion (Wikipedia link), with the training and support of the British No. 4 Commando
  • An engaging night op (with visibility sans NODs!) a nice balance of challenge and satisfaction, akin to the types of classic Arma 3 scenarios we all fondly remember, with a hint of those night stalking vibes from the Contact DLC!
  • Hand-placed props transform a small air strip into a formidable German-held strongpoint, which reacts realistically to any detected threats!
  • Multiple approaches to accomplishing your mission, and optional objectives for added challenges and unlockable support - including mortar and fighter plane support!

AUTHOR'S NOTES

• Guess I was just kidding about my previous release being my last for a while. I wanted to make use of some of the compositions I've had lying around for a while. Originally set in Tobruk, I ported the air strip to Northern Fronts and switched up the climate completely.
  • This is a work of fiction, any resemblance to real people or events is purely coincidental. It was inspired by raids conducted by the American 29th Ranger Battalion between February and April of 1943. Volunteers from the 29th Infantry Division, these men trained with the British Commandos, mostly No. 4 Commando, and participated in raids on German installations in Norway before being disbanded in October of 1943. The techniques pioneered by these brave soldiers continue to inform the tactics of special operations units across the globe. This mission takes place later in 1943 than it might actually have happened, solely because of the restrictive lighting of the game engine at night. Additionally, the scale of this raid is reduced to remain friendly to your CPU.
  • This is a beta release, some bugs may exist. Also, it's Arma, so there are bound to be things that will affect your playthrough.
  • The add-on list may be long, but I assure you they are worth it!
  • Warning: this scenario contains some imagery that is historically-accurate to the period being portrayed. By no means does the inclusion or representation of imagery from this period reflect or represent the views of the author. This is intended for entertainment purposes only, do not subscribe if you are uncomfortable with it.
  • Curious to hear about your playthroughs! Please like and comment if you have an AAR, catch a bug, or have any constructive feedback.

CREDITS

• The respective authors of the required addons, especially Northern Fronts and Secret Weapons for the incredible mods!
  • Searchlight script by Grumpy Old Man
  • Like 3

Hope you enjoy dude! Let me know how your playthrough goes.

13 minutes ago, h34dup said:

Hope you enjoy dude! Let me know how your playthrough goes.

I'm desperately trying to get my squad to accept that longer than usual list of Required Addons is really worth it.

If they agree, then it should be a good laugh, since we've a 4-man squad, quite international (1 Brit, 1 Dutch, 1 Anglo-Swiss, 1 Anglo-French) but lack regular combat experience.

Rather like the Jedburgh teams!

I'll do my best to ensure that we video our efforts. Failing that, I'll provide an AAR.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, domokun said:

I'm desperately trying to get my squad to accept that longer than usual list of Required Addons is really worth it.

If they agree, then it should be a good laugh, since we've a 4-man squad, quite international (1 Brit, 1 Dutch, 1 Anglo-Swiss, 1 Anglo-French) but lack regular combat experience.

Rather like the Jedburgh teams!

I'll do my best to ensure that we video our efforts. Failing that, I'll provide an AAR.

Good luck getting them to accept the mods list - might be helpful to test this scenario with a smaller group to ensure there aren't any bugs. I'd hate to hear everyone loaded up but then there was some random bug with the scenario. For example, there is a script for SP that makes whatever unit the player is switched to become the group leader. I'm happy to join and test, play, or troubleshoot if there's a good time. PM or hit me on Steam.

• Like 1