The Marrow

Armor Plate/ Signal Detector Blueprint Grind

So I've learned shootout is the only logical way to get purple crates since nobody spends crowns to upgrade in encounters.  Fine, so I start playing on a second account after wasting a few weeks in encounters getting slapped on my regular account by people with all the goodies.  A do-over.  I decided to focus only on shootout.

I've probably won 90-95% of my matches (hundreds) and not only paid for my battlepass, but leveled to 50 with all the crates I've opened. FIFTY LEVELS of XP purely from winning shootout and opening crates!  I must have opened 1000 shootout crates, and conservatively 100 purple crates.  I have 50+ of every weapon, blueprints for most weapons (including Hbar/SG1/etc) 10k+ of each resource, lvl 11 workbench, 3k+ crowns....etc.  And after all that, STILL NO PLATE OR SIGNAL BP!!!  What gives?!?!

I want to start encounters, but why go in at such a disadvantage?  Other players with those plans not only have double my health, but can find my location while they hide in a bush!  Is this insane grind as intended? How many lobbys must I destroy to get an even foothold in encounters!?!? Thousands?!?! I'M FREAKING BORED OF SHOOTOUT!

• Like 1

Firstly I must strongly console you in the fact that while armor planes are a pain to go up against I’ve gone into plenty of match’s without one and beaten people who had full armor. Now granted when you find people with armor and the currently meta hbar 300 rounds backpack small arsenal douche bags then yes it’s unfair. For everyone else it’s perfectly doable and you can with with basic m16s or other commons if your play smart and trust me people haaaate when they get clapped by a guy with no armor and common weapons and they had armor and an mp5 or some crap lol. Aside from that congrats on the crates! It’s definitely the best way to go just in my case I get stressed in that mode so can only play a few at a time before wanting to launch my controller 😅 other than hbars, g3 gewers and the OP common raffica pistol everything else is fair, just change the way you play and don’t charge around as much. ^_^

12 hours ago, The Marrow said:

So I've learned shootout is the only logical way to get purple crates since nobody spends crowns to upgrade in encounters.  Fine, so I start playing on a second account after wasting a few weeks in encounters getting slapped on my regular account by people with all the goodies.  A do-over.  I decided to focus only on shootout.

I've probably won 90-95% of my matches (hundreds) and not only paid for my battlepass, but leveled to 50 with all the crates I've opened. FIFTY LEVELS of XP purely from winning shootout and opening crates!  I must have opened 1000 shootout crates, and conservatively 100 purple crates.  I have 50+ of every weapon, blueprints for most weapons (including Hbar/SG1/etc) 10k+ of each resource, lvl 11 workbench, 3k+ crowns....etc.  And after all that, STILL NO PLATE OR SIGNAL BP!!!  What gives?!?!

I want to start encounters, but why go in at such a disadvantage?  Other players with those plans not only have double my health, but can find my location while they hide in a bush!  Is this insane grind as intended? How many lobbys must I destroy to get an even foothold in encounters!?!? Thousands?!?! I'M FREAKING BORED OF SHOOTOUT!

I went through probably close to 50 purple crates without getting another plan and still need 8 more purple plans. 

Think of it as Bohemia punishing all players who don't buy every battlepass and dare to take a break from the game. They've set the standard so that you're expected to buy every battlepass if you want the game to be fair. 

Good luck iv been playing Vigor for every season so far and i have finally got all but one plan. I haven't grinded as hard as you and i haven't bought the BPass every season cause its a waste of my money cause i never have finished to level 50. Theres so many players that are good and have a boatload of the good stuff and have been dominating the lobbies that as much as i try i wont ever get to their level. I am just plodding along and only play a few games cause i got to where its not even fun to play. Now they have the mortars killing campers or anyone standing for to long. I get killed by the good players or by the mortars. Anyway im alot older than anyone that probably plays so i can't keep up with u youngsters. When i started playing Vigor it was real chill and casual now its sweating and grinding and see who can shoot everyone and get the barred house, air drop and all the loot u can carry. So i wish you all the luck in Vigor. I dont know what Vigor is going to keep the game going when everyone gets their shelter done but im sure its going to be awesome. Keep grinding, looting, shooting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Sad 1

Most encounters in my experience have had most players using one of 3-4 weapons, the raffica, g3 gewer, hbar, and bugle. I still go around looting and what I’ve seen is that nobody ever loots. Only ever see or hear fighting at points of interest unless your being hunted from your spawn point by someone with around 10 or so portables scamming for you. The main drive of the game now appears to be kills and airdrops, basically any stats currently tracked by the leaderboards. It’s become a competition game, he’ll even I get trash talk pms from gamers who see my stats and want to rip on me with crap like, “you suck kpe (kills per encounter) of only 0.63?! Your lame” yes well I also have a survival rate of 56% 57 at the time I got this message from a high level player with around 2500 kills to my 700 but his survival rate was about 30%. So yeah 🤷‍♂️ Vigor everyone!

I only read the first post

If you are so good and so great, then you should have just bought the battle pass last season, was everything included and you would have even made 60crowns+ for completing the BP

And btw, the game was made for encounters, not shootout