Sign in to follow this  
-bZ-CapStar362

VR Headset without the controllers

okay, so, i did some basic searching,  but my core question is,  can i use a VR Headset but still rely on my KBM/X-56 to play ARMA and just use the headset for looking around only? 

yes... you can do with VorpX. Google for it.... but the result is not very promising.

FP

Yes you can. 

I did it with a mobile phone and Trinus VR app. Enable head tracking, using KB and mouse... wow...

It is exactly how I want to play ARMA but if you can, get a real wide screen VR goggles.

But the mobile phone splits a single wide screen into 2x SQUARE screens so you lose the side views or get a weird aspect ratio.

A promised hand-tracking feature for the VR headset arrived a lot earlier than expected, with more app support coming in 2020. Ditch those controllers (for some apps, at least). Facebook's Oculus Quest VR headset keeps getting new features.

11 hours ago, AaronGarrett said:

A promised hand-tracking feature for the VR headset arrived a lot earlier than expected, with more app support coming in 2020. Ditch those controllers (for some apps, at least). Facebook's Oculus Quest VR headset keeps getting new features.

Have you compared hand-tracking to controllers with a Quest 2?