I've been trying for a few days now and I've had no success with getting this to work. What I'm trying to do is query a database and return the followings in the statement below.

I am successfully connected and extDB3 is loaded.

extDB3 Logs:

[09:46:59:731388 +00:00] [Thread 6876] extDB3: SQL: Initialized: Add Quotes around TEXT Datatypes mode: 1
[09:46:59:731727 +00:00] [Thread 6876] extDB3: SQL: Initialized: NULL = ""

Code:

_dbcheck = "extDB3" callExtension "9:ADD_DATABASE:Database";

_protocolCheck = "extDB3" callExtension "9:ADD_DATABASE_PROTOCOL:Database:SQL:OurExampleSQLProtocol:TEXT";

_queryResult = "extDB3" callExtension "0:OurExampleSQLProtocol:SELECT * From persons";

hint _queryResult; // hints out "", NULL

Help will be greatly apprciated!

Hi Cee,

Perhaps you need to alter the format of the hint, it might simply be changing hint _queryResult; to hint str(_queryResult);

I honestly don't have any experience with extDB3 so i cant give much information on that, but if you know its connected and receiving/querying, then maybe its something simple like above.

Feel free to let me know if it doesn't work, or you get any other errors that might indicate issues.

Tom.

6 hours ago, TomOZ said:

Hi Cee,

Perhaps you need to alter the format of the hint, it might simply be changing hint _queryResult; to hint str(_queryResult);

I honestly don't have any experience with extDB3 so i cant give much information on that, but if you know its connected and receiving/querying, then maybe its something simple like above.

Feel free to let me know if it doesn't work, or you get any other errors that might indicate issues.

Tom.

After trying for a few days now, I'm still sadly unable to get this to work. It seems I'm just getting empty strings returned.