sko2

[Solved] Exit code: 0xC0000005 - STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION

On 25.02.2021 at 00:08, t.g.1911 said:

Since yesterday's update I have permanent crashes when I push the button "scenarios".
I can play the campaign, can open the editor and play my own missions there. Everything without problems.
But at the moment when I want to open scenarios ... the loading screen appears, a few seconds later the game crashes. And I got this 0xC0000005 - STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION

I try the thngs what the comunty write there: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=898170227,
it didn*t work.
I install the game new, it didnt help.
I has let check my hardware in a services, anything ok.
I try other gammes, anything works well.

Somebody have any idea what it can be`?

On 25.02.2021 at 00:38, giuppo said:

Hello,

Same for me, played and updated yesterday, and today i can't play solo missions in "Presentations" anymore: Crash to windows with the same Error-Message. I tried the editor: it works.

BIS, please, maybe could you check your last Game update?

Thanks

EDIT:

Very interesting: After my post i wanted to check the tip of hansham about the wireless headphones (Posted Friday at 12:44 PM).
For information I use a Steelseries arctis 7 wireless. but without the steelseries software, I let windows manage, it does it very well. I can switch between the channel of my "normal" speakers und 2 channels for the Headphone: "game" or "Chat".

I play usually with the "game" channel. And this evening, i did apparently wrong, the "chat" channel was selected.

I swiched back to "game" and tried to play: no more crashes...

If it can help to understand... But for me, this crash shouldn't be with any channel...

On 07.03.2021 at 21:55, martiilkow@yahoo.com said:

got the same problem. when i access sp scenarios, i get a ctd and the access_violation. tried everything except for bios update - does anyone have a solution that works?

We have already dealt with this problem in my other branch.
If your problem is that when you go to the "scenarios" section, you are thrown out or an error message pops up - try to unsubscribe from all the scenarios in steam, check whether the game is working now, and then add your subscriptions again.
It helped me.

FINAL UPDATE:

So, it has been a while since I last posted here, but I was finally able to fix the issue I was having and wanted to post it here for posterity.

After even further testing, it was confirmed that my RAM was not the issue.

Any RAM modules installed would still produce the exception error, so I began testing other components to rule out other hardware faults.

After about a month, I was able to confirm that my crashes were entirely due to my CPU.

I have since gotten an exact replacement CPU and the crashes have completely disappeared.

So, although it is unlikely that everyone who experiences this exception has a failing processor, it is possible that it is indeed the case, especially if other games are randomly crashing as well.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, sko2 said:

FINAL UPDATE:

So, it has been a while since I last posted here, but I was finally able to fix the issue I was having and wanted to post it here for posterity.

After even further testing, it was confirmed that my RAM was not the issue.

Any RAM modules installed would still produce the exception error, so I began testing other components to rule out other hardware faults.

After about a month, I was able to confirm that my crashes were entirely due to my CPU.

I have since gotten an exact replacement CPU and the crashes have completely disappeared.

So, although it is unlikely that everyone who experiences this exception has a failing processor, it is possible that it is indeed the case, especially if other games are randomly crashing as well.

Thanks for coming back to complete this - hopefully your trauma will be someone else's saviour! I have to say, I'm surprised - we don't think of CPUs as potential points of failure unless they're being overclocked hard, but this goes to show, the CPU is as vulnerable to failure as other components.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, sko2 said:

Very happy you finally figured out the issue, happy that you were persistent in determining the cause and not blaming the game as some people like

to do, its understandable that when and if the game crashes that players can blame the game, or mod, or scripts, but you stepped up your game so to speak

and looked into it and solved it.

With Arma 3 which is a whole nother animal on its own if your hardware is faulty or not up to par then the game already being demanding as it is

will only worsen the issue, above all things too considering that the game is cpu intensive, it only makes sense that if the main source of processing

and speed is slow or not functioning then the game will suffer.

Im very happy i was able to help where i could but ultimately the work and the problem solving has to come down to the

individual themselves to follow through and solve the issue on their end, i and anyone else can only shed some light on the issue whatever it may be.

3 hours ago, Tankbuster said:

hopefully your trauma will be someone else's saviour!

You couldn't have said it better, with all the aspects to look into the issue, tools, and things to eliminate that could be the culprit,

i think this thread should be stickied, i spent alot of time researching in various areas that could if not a cpu issue or another

help in some way, at least turn on the light for those dealing with this error/issue.

@sko2 Suggest renameing the thread title with the word added [Solved] for the sake of helping anyone else in the

community whom may have the same issue.

• Like 2