Sign in to follow this  
jonstyle

Sound Completely Muted in Arma

Hello guys!

So I have been a player of this franchise since the OFP demo waaay back in the day.

I did a clean install the other day, on a external drive.  Suddenly all sound is muted in game.  I've checked the audio options, all sound settings are on but there is no sound what so ever in game.  When I exit the game and go to desktop, sound is on again.  I've never ever encountered this problem before.  Has anybody else experienced this problem?  WTF should I do?  I figured maybe some of the hundreds of mods was making problems so I unloaded ALL mods and tried running vanilla only.  Still, no sound.  Please help guys. 

Are you using headphones, desktop-speakers or some sort of surround sound?

How is your sound output connected? USB? HDMI? Optical?

We need a bit more information to make educated guesses.

Headset connected to the screen. With mini jack. This has worked fine until now.

Random follow-up question. Once you've loaded to the main menu have you tried alt-tabbing to desktop and then back into game?

Probably wont solve it but I've known a couple of people with sound issues that that has helped.

Windows volume mixer? Maybe got muted accidentally.

Reinstalled the game, sound is back. I have no idea what the problem was. Thanks for answering guys.