Sign in to follow this  
Harnu

Fraps

I know that several people here have used FRAPS to capture movies for OFP. I got it but I can't get it working right.

I press the key to start the capture. The rec thing starts. I press it again to end it. But now thers several movies in my Fraps folder. When I click on them they wont play. Says that there is an error is the program.

I would e-mail they guy who made it, but it says he's on vacation till late feb.

Please help sad.gif

Hmm I don't see this as a general discussion topic, it's more troubleshooting or even OT with the fact it's relating to a 3rd party program, however I'm an exceedingly nice chap so I'll let you continue this in troubleshooting smile.gif

If you can't play a file captured with FRAPS, you are probably missing the codec that was used to compress it -- FRAPS uses the MS H.263 codec.

What program are you using to try to play the file?

Sorry Placebo, but this is the only place I thought of to come.

Whats MS H.263 Codec?

I tried oplaying it with quicktime and Real Player

It Captures live video from games and saves to .avi I think. To help make trailers and such.

FRAPS is a program to show a FPS counter in DirectX and OpenGL applications (V-Sync must be enabled to do this). It can also capture movies to disk.

Anyway, I can play FRAPS-captured movies using Windows Media Player. WMP also downloads missing codecs as needed. The are a number of standard and proprietary encoders/decoders (codecs for short) that are used to compress video and sound. H.263 is a provisional standard, i.e. is is commonly used and well-documented, but hasn't been ratified and adopted yet by the ITU.

I used Fraps to capture the VTOL capabilities of the Harrier for the Falklands Mod..

Bear in mind that you must change your resolution in flashpoint to 640x480 or you'll end up with just the right corner captured!

The clip I did was originally 250mb but following the instructions in fraps, you can get a shareware compression program that gets it down really small.. In my case 4mb biggrin.gif

The problems this guy is having seems to indicate a video codec problem.