Sharkey91

Kill Animation loop with Trigger for movement

Evening All, I've been searching around the Web to find away to kill an Animation loop on some AI i've set in place,

Quick scenario to set the scene so you understand what I'm trying to achieve here,

I have an Empty Truck on the Road side with Three Units in a looping animation to look Casual, then when my BLUFOR unit reaches an LZ I want a Trigger point to end the animation and move them into there Get in way point and Move the Truck.

unsure where to start I've set Idl animations using 3DEN enhanced so no Init on the units them selfs. is there a Script I can use to just end the animation on trigger with giving each unit a variable name ?

Tried a couple of additional things from past suggestions but neither seem to work. Probably me doing something painfully obvious wrong and any help would be appreciated my first time trying to setup scripts

So I've named my Solider as S2" and added to his init "S2 disableAI "ANIM";  then on the Trigger I've added to on activation - S2 SwitchMove "AidlPercMstpSrasWrflDnon_AI"; S2 enableAI "ANIM"; my hopes would be it would Trick it out of the Idle Stand Animation loop set by 3DEN and send it back into Default but hasn't worked

5 hours ago, Sharkey91 said:

Tried a couple of additional things from past suggestions but neither seem to work. Probably me doing something painfully obvious wrong and any help would be appreciated my first time trying to setup scripts

So I've named my Solider as S2" and added to his init "S2 disableAI "ANIM";  then on the Trigger I've added to on activation - S2 SwitchMove "AidlPercMstpSrasWrflDnon_AI"; S2 enableAI "ANIM"; my hopes would be it would Trick it out of the Idle Stand Animation loop set by 3DEN and send it back into Default but hasn't worked

I duno why you're stopping anims at start. Anyway, I'd rather re-enable them before trying a move. It seems you did the contrary. Also a S2 switchMove "", will kill the former anims but you will obtain a standing-up unit, so, add another anim following at once. Not very graceful in rendering.

47 minutes ago, beno_83au said:

_unit switchMove "";

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/switchMove

The explanation for this is in the description. Should do the trick. 

Many thanks, That did the trick in terminating the IDLE Animation set by 3DEN, issue now is he begins to walk when I use 

S2 enableAI "ANIM"

But only Continues to walk for one animation Cycle then returns to the Idle state Animation set by 3DEN 😞 if I leave enable ANIM off the trigger _unit switchMove continues to terminate his IDLE animation but won't walk

20 minutes ago, pierremgi said:

I duno why you're stopping anims at start. Anyway, I'd rather re-enable them before trying a move. It seems you did the contrary. Also a S2 switchMove "", will kill the former anims but you will obtain a standing-up unit, so, add another anim following at once. Not very graceful in rendering.

Still trying to Figure things out so I was just copying and pasting from other Forums trying things out XD , I removed the disableAI "ANIM" before adding Unit switchMove ""   which has worked but sadly it then just reverts back to IDLE Stand animation after one Walk Cycle with enableAI "ANIM" present in trigger, but if I remove enableAI "ANIM" it just goes to a static Ready pose and doesn't walk

_unit setVariable[ "ENH_ambientAnimations_exit", true ];
_unit call ENH_fnc_ambientAnimations_exit;

?