Ex3B

Rotating Static ships during a mission

I'd like to have a ship (USS liberty, or USS Freedom for example) get rotated and moved during a mission - specifically I'd like the ship to be lower in the water with a bit of list.

I tried using a trigger (Radio Alpha for testing) and this command: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setVectorDirAndUp

and setPosASL to try and lower and rotate the ship, but nothing seems to work. (I tested with a fuel truck, and it worked)

Is there a way to do this, or is there something funky about static ships?

Simple shared script for USS Freedom (or liberty), but no way to work "onboard":

If you need a better CVN immersion , you need a mod like @topden pointed.

Just discovered the link by PierreMGI; wow!

An extra mention, if you want the ship to move by itself: 
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2315750650

Two things however: 
a) Aircraft carriers are not one object, so you will have to modify the code with a foreach loop.

b) Again, you cannot really walk/land/interact with moving objects. PierreMGI describes it better in his post. 

• Like 1

I'm really just looking for a way to make a ship look like it is sinking if a player takes to long to neutralize a threat, I'm not trying to make a moving ship.

Doesn't need to be a smooth transistion... player takes off, if enemy aircraft get within X distance from the carrier group, when the player comes back to land, I'd like the USS liberty to be listing, low in the water, and smoking... that's all.

You could just place two carriers in the editor, hide the damaged one at the start of the mission, and if the enemy aircraft gets too close, then delete the undamaged carrier, and unhide the damaged one.