.Marti

Server profilenamespace not saving

Original title was: How to copyToClipboard in MP and alternatives. But i found the original problem

Hi there,

I built a persistance system to work in a Dedicated enviroment. It saves an array in the profileNamespace. 

However, for some reason if server restarts, all the profile variables are deleted. 

So, to prevent the loss of all information i was thinking about doing copyToClipboard to all clients so the playerbase can store a copy of the array (Just in case). 

Ofc, copyToClipboard doesnt work in MP,  so I ask you: Which alternative i could use so everyone can store a copy of an array in a dedicated server?

Cheers and thanks

@killzone_kid Yes, I did and anyways my variables disappear with the server restart. I'm not the server admin (and I have 0 clue about all of that) so I have to find an alternative route, if I can't convince them to solve it.

If your server host doesn't want you to store data server side, maybe you should find another host

I reply my own thread cause i found the solution, and maybe can be helpful for someone in the future. 

We had a machine with multiple servers, but only one profile for all of them. Seems that servers were rewriting the shared profile and information sometimes was lost randomly. 

Solution: 1 profile for each server. (Seems obvious now, but... ).

Cheers.