Fastsign

Some Positive and Constructive Feedback

I've been a player in this game from the very beginning.  I proudly wear my Founders badge everytime I game.  I am a fan of this game because it is an unscripted, self-determing, unpredictable, exciting, and satisfying game to play, if you survive.  The developers have worked really hard to correct bugs and make the game play more realistic and they have made great strides since the first season.  There was a time when you could be on your way to an exit with a bag full of loot, the airdrop, and three kills as the system crashed.  Upon returning to your "Safe House" you learned there was no credit for any of your efforts, your load out was taken and any crowns you boosted with were gone. I threatened repeatedly to quit playing then, just like many of you are doing today.

But, the Develop Team corrected those issues and they don't happen nearly as often.  I had it happen once in season 5 and my load out and crowns were returned when I got back to the "Safe House".  I'm confident, based on past performance, that they will again take steps to address the crashes out of the Lobby and improve their performance.  I am a little disappointed that the development team chose to eliminate "Campers" in season 7 by limiting their still time.  Stealth and hiding is a critical component of what makes this game so exciting!  Yes, I've been sniped as I was running for an exit with my loot; just like all of you!  But, I learned to be more aware as I approached an exit.  I also learned to plan my exit and to discriminate in using the less popular exits. Its about outwitting the other 7, 9, or 11 players and escaping with your loot (surviving).  I know there is a large group of players who are always complaining about the campers; I've seen you call them lazy and say its cheating.  I believe it to be smart and intuitive to the intentions of this game. The entire concept of stealth is to not be detected.  You have to hide and be still to stay hidden, movement invites detection.  I am speaking for a very large group of disappointed players when I ask that you eliminate the mortar strikes against "Campers" in season 8.  

I believe there is a much more destructive group of players among us.  They are the "Hunters"!  You know them, they are the players in the lobby with 2,500 or more kills.  They boast a 3.25 kills per game in their profile.  They sprint directly to the signal detector and immediately start eliminating the low hanging fruit that is closest to their position on the map.  They are then free to hoard the loot in the immediate area and escape with a full bag.  If I deploy next to the signal detector, I like to "camp" on it and eliminate these players early.  If I deploy within the hunt able area of the signal detector and they use it immediately at the start of an encounter, I sprint away from the signal detector or sprint to the closest exit taking me out of the encounter.  These players don't care about being detected they are looking for confrontation.  I do see some validity to their tactic but, I believe it is overall harmful to the intentions of the game.  The developers have put a limit on their destruction by labeling and identifying them as a threat after they have killed 4 players, not helpful in a game where only eight players start a game. The signals detector, while interesting and unique to this game, Is not a realistic tool in a real world scenario.  I would like to propose that in season 8 to eliminate the signals detector all together and see how players find that affects the gameplay.  I will simply close by thanking the developers for making my down time more interesting during the pandemic.

• Like 1

100% agree with you Fastsign!

This so called “camping” is nothing more than holding an advantageous position to wait for a key moment to strike. be it for defense or offense. It’s a viable strategy and sometimes the only strategy someone might have based on weapons (eg. crossbow) or limited ammunition. 

I do not think eliminating the still players from the game through artillery is fair to the concept of the game anyways. If they want to wait by an exit the entire round let them! There is already the early warning of the crows giving you notice of their presence.  Or if they are in the middle of the map you can use signal detectors to figure out their location. They are taking a huge gamble with the fact that no one may go near their location at all. Also by “camping” they are potentially limiting their loot at the end and XP again if they do not go for the high value objectives or move and loot. If someone doesn’t want to get taken out by a “camper” then just have more situational awareness rather than just running blindly over an open field hoping to get a drop on someone. Why would someone go toe to toe against a superior weapon instead of waiting for the best moment to strike? The game even tells you in the load menu to not take a shot unless you think you can make it. To go with an aggressive strategy and then complain because someone with a different strategy bested you just seems childish to me and I don’t understand why the developers chose to cater to that when it goes against a major concept of their game. 

Lastly the signal detector. I agree that it should get nerfed. I think it’s use should be limited  to 3 times (once before the drop, one after the drop, and one after radiation starts) or it’s cool down time drastically increased in order to prevent spamming of it. 

19 hours ago, GATR11 said:

100% agree with you Fastsign!

This so called “camping” is nothing more than holding an advantageous position to wait for a key moment to strike. be it for defense or offense. It’s a viable strategy and sometimes the only strategy someone might have based on weapons (eg. crossbow) or limited ammunition. 

I do not think eliminating the still players from the game through artillery is fair to the concept of the game anyways. If they want to wait by an exit the entire round let them! There is already the early warning of the crows giving you notice of their presence.  Or if they are in the middle of the map you can use signal detectors to figure out their location. They are taking a huge gamble with the fact that no one may go near their location at all. Also by “camping” they are potentially limiting their loot at the end and XP again if they do not go for the high value objectives or move and loot. If someone doesn’t want to get taken out by a “camper” then just have more situational awareness rather than just running blindly over an open field hoping to get a drop on someone. Why would someone go toe to toe against a superior weapon instead of waiting for the best moment to strike? The game even tells you in the load menu to not take a shot unless you think you can make it. To go with an aggressive strategy and then complain because someone with a different strategy bested you just seems childish to me and I don’t understand why the developers chose to cater to that when it goes against a major concept of their game. 

Lastly the signal detector. I agree that it should get nerfed. I think it’s use should be limited  to 3 times (once before the drop, one after the drop, and one after radiation starts) or it’s cool down time drastically increased in order to prevent spamming of it. 

Camping may be annoying sometimes but mortar strikes on them is a little nonsensical. I find it funny that they made camping probably 10x worse by reducing the amount of loot again, way worse then the current mortars will resolve. 

If they wanted to reduce camping without being so anti-new player about it they could just increase the amount of points of interest again (3 things again: barred, timed and locked). 

Because signal detectors, especially the portable detectors are already the ultimate way to find and eliminate campers.

I do think they should nerf the portable signal detectors so you get a general area instead of exact position.

But as for the big signal detector even on a small map like batterie all it takes is moving to a bush a few meters away so they don't know where you are again, unless you're right next to it it'll take a minute or so for them to get to you. Plenty of time for you to relocate and you also have to put yourself at risk from people camping the detector to find other campers anyways lol. So I think the big detector is fine.

However I think that the jammer consumable should provide a passive bonus that disables the use (for you) of any and all signal detectors as long as it's equipped but in return hides you from signal detectors, so you can't be both a hunter and a camper basically. It also would disable teammate map pings for you so they can't just relay the signal they detected to you.

I agree with you on the signal detectors, i dont see the need for them atall with so many clues and cues its not hard to find players if thats your thing. This game badly needs a 3D headphone setting imo, although footsteps etc are clearly audible the direction is terrible

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Kingm4k3r1 said:

I agree with you on the signal detectors, i dont see the need for them atall with so many clues and cues its not hard to find players if thats your thing. This game badly needs a 3D headphone setting imo, although footsteps etc are clearly audible the direction is terrible

The footstep direction could definitely be improved, it's sometimes very hard to tell where someone is just with hearing

YES! footstep direction needs improvement!  I never get it right.  I look left and get shot in the back of the head!