Rosso777

How to edit Config.bin?

I’ve had a lot of success lately with reconfiguring addons and mods, but I cannot seem to figure out how to edit the infamous “config.bin” or “texheaders.bin” files. Well, I can edit them through Notepad++, but when I go to save as .bin and then replace the original in the mod folder, it never seems to work. 

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Also— I’m aware of (and have installed) the Arma 3 Tools programs. If this is what I’m supposed to use for this, please lead me through how it’s done. So far “just use the Arma Tools” hasn’t gotten me anywhere. 

Explain me like I’m five. 😉 

extractPbo, eliteness, derap from mikero tools - makepbo/project to build to pbo again

• Like 1

IIRC, TexHeaders can't be unbinarized. But you can UnBin the config.bin with the CfgConvert tool from A3 Tools

In the arma tools/CfgConvert directory there is a bat file called BINToCPP.bat just drag the bin file on it and it will convert it to .cpp and place it where ever the original .bin was located.

• Like 1

Thanks to everyone who has replied. I am going to attempt this tonight, and I WILL reply back to update this thread for any future users needing the same info.  Going to start with @Larrow's info because I have learned that when @Larrow speaks, one must pay attention.

1 hour ago, Larrow said:

... it will convert it to .cpp and place it where ever the original .bin was located.

So @Larrow, if the file is named config.cpp instead of config.bin, it will still work properly?

UPDATE: Using Arma 3 Tools, specifically the CfgConvert program, I was able to convert the config.bin file to config.cpp. Using Notepadd++, I was able to edit the config file. Then, again using the CfgConvert program, I converted the file back to Config.bin.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1