DnA

Arma 3 Art of War DLC Feedback

Dear community,

On behalf of its primary initiator and developer, Scott Alsworth, we'd like to welcome you to the Arma 3 Art of War DLC. This charity DLC is the result of the Art of War contest we hosted last year. One of its highlights is therefore a showcase of the splendid creative contributions by many of you. Thank you again for your pieces of art! 🎨

Arma 3 Art of War DLC

As we covered in our most recent SITREP, we decided to add to the content of this DLC by producing a set of assets related to the contest themes. We hope you'll enjoy this mix of premium and platform content!

We invite you to buy this DLC and in doing so offer your contribution to the International Committee of the Red Cross (all of our revenue from this DLC will be donated to them). After a fundraising period of about 10-12 months, this DLC will become free to all players.

Note: owners of the Supporter Edition of Arma 3 (no longer available) will receive this DLC for free, though they could still consider buying a copy for a friend as gift 👼

How to access the showcases?

While spoilers may be less applicable to the showcases in this DLC, please consider using the spoiler widget when discussing the gameplay moments.

• Main Menu: SINGLEPLAYER > SHOWCASES
    • Art of War (anyone can visit)
    • Cultural Property (owners only)

How to access the assets?

• Main Menu: Shift + P
    • In the DLC Content Browser, select Art of War, and explore its contents.
      • Some assets have a TRY button that will open the asset in …
  • Main Menu: TUTORIALS > VIRTUAL ARSENAL
    • Each asset category shows the appropriate DLC / mod icons behind each asset for easy identification.
      • Use Sort by mod to make it even easier to find them.
    • Note: in this mode you should be able to preview the assets without DLC ownership.
  • Main Menu: EDITOR
    • In the Asset Browser on the right, all assets are marked by the DLC / mod icon.
      • Use the Filter by mods option and select Arma 3 Art of War.

What assets are available?

Spoiler

Added: Formal Suit (Black / Gray / Blue / Khaki / Black T-Shirt / Gray T-Shirt)

Added: Parade Uniform (regular and decorated - US / CSAT / AAF / LDF)

Added: Parade Cap (US / CSAT / AAF / LDF)

Added: Civilian Backpack (Blue / Red / Green / Black / Vrana / Astra / IDAP)

Added: Art T-Shirt (6 prints)

Added: Coffin

Added: Military Coffins

Added: Folded Flags

Added: Memorial Wreaths

Added: Flower Bouquets

Added: Portrait Photo Frames

Added: Easels

Added: Canvases

Added: Gallery Frames

Added: Gallery Labels

Added: Gallery Dioramas

Added: Gallery Interiors (special-purpose structures with interiors only)

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

I have a feature request:
Can we have the gallery building available as a composition? (with added exterior, of course)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Leopard20 said:

Can we have the gallery building available as a composition?

I could imagine this being a Workshop composition that we can publish post-release. Do you imagine it being with / without the artworks and such, or just the structures?

2 hours ago, DnA said:

I could imagine this being a Workshop composition that we can publish post-release. Do you imagine it being with / without the artworks and such, or just the structures?

I'm not sure. Maybe both?

Also, I'd like to report a "bug". In the gallery, you can see the unit type when you point at the CTRG "model". If it's not intentional, creating them as vehicles (instead of units) can fix the issue.

• Like 1

I applaud the new civilian units that are available in the Eden Editor, I especially like the way most of them are now configured to spawn with backpacks. (the new civilian backpacks are most welcome too :rthumb:

It would be neat if this kind of configuration could be extended to some of the other civilian units from the vanilla platform and previous expansions, small details maybe, but they certainly add a little more immersion when making use of the Civilian Presence modules. 

All in all a very cool selection of themed assets.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Leopard20 said:

I have a feature request:
Can we have the gallery building available as a composition? (with added exterior, of course)

I second this, it would be cool to have as a template.

Is there any chance that a H_Hat_black would be added for the new Formal Suit (Black)?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ArYxRayx said:

Is there any chance that a H_Hat_black would be added for the new Formal Suit (Black)?

It's a classy idea. For 2.02 it's too late I'm afraid, but we'll add it to our wishlist.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Formal Suit's Shoes bottoms are Red. Not sure if this was wanted.

Seems like they are missing a texture.

1 hour ago, ArYxRayx said:

The Formal Suit's Shoes bottoms are Red. Not sure if this was wanted.

Indeed it was not, and it's been fixed meanwhile. The next Dev / RC updates will reflect this 🙂

• Like 1

I bought it and I like everything about it, although I am completely biased since I am Dutch 😁

I couldn't get the FFV working for the coffin, is this a bug? 😉

• Haha 2

Quick question: Will missions using assets from the DLC (the paintings, coffins, uniforms etc.) still work for people who do not own it? (as long as they're not wearing the clothes etc. that is). Wondering if I should include some of these assets in missions for my group or not.

On 2/24/2021 at 3:11 PM, joostsidy said:

I couldn't get the FFV working for the coffin, is this a bug?

Hoi! That clearly needs a mod 😎 There are some 'hidden' animations available for the coffin though ...

1 hour ago, mcnools said:

Quick question: Will missions using assets from the DLC (the paintings, coffins, uniforms etc.) still work for people who do not own it?

Yes, that has always been the pillar of our DLC strategy. All props can be freely used by anyone without restrictions whatsoever. Premium items (such as uniforms) can still be included in the scenario, but will be some restrictions to non-owners. They will see DLC notifications while wearing them for example. But you should not have any problems including them in your missions.

• Like 5

Hey quick question : Will the templates be released or enough info for groups to create their own customs dress uniforms ?

15 hours ago, Meds1 said:

Will the templates be released or enough info for groups to create their own customs dress uniforms ?

We hope to release these, but cannot confirm a timeline as we need artists available to clean up / prepare the PSD files.

• Thanks 1

Hey, I dont know if you'll be able to answer this, but, what dimensions are the AoW Photo frame? I know a standard screen is 1024x512, but im not sure what the photo frame is, any chance I could get it's .paa? Anything help's thanks, either way!

Hey, I dont know if you'll be able to answer this, but, what dimensions are the AoW Photo frame?

Hiya! Dimensions are 1024x1024 - I've attached a reference image below that you can use to properly arrange your image, as there are a few additional components you will most likely want to include 😉. Have fun!  

example_photo_image_co.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Hello everyone, can you tell me if it is currently possible to modify the texture of sports bags? I could see on a server that this was done. As the files are in ebo I ask myself the question is this normal? thank you for your reply

On 3/27/2021 at 7:53 AM, Davis Welder said:

Hello everyone, can you tell me if it is currently possible to modify the texture of sports bags?

Hi, it's technically possible and the official variants use this same technique; you mainly need to know the texture path and have a UV texture template. We are working to provide such templates, but cannot yet confirm a timeline.

Hello, the music feature in the presentation is available somewere else in the game ? what is the name of the music ?

PS: And btw what miller doing in hitman clothing on the church ? he is here to kill the CSAT officer ? XD

I'm just going to state that people do not like the red cross due to their ties to the corrupt UN, their connection to medical scandals, various complaints regarding how they spend their money, and their vexatious litigation regarding red plusses on medical supplies and equipment including in media such as games, which they also back by openly threatening to abuse questionable treaties to have people wrongfully convicted.

I personally suggest you end the donation drive early and consider refunding people, even if that means reversing donations.

• Like 1

I would be interested to see an actual AUDIT of how the funds were spent from the Red Cross. If you see 90+% goto staff and operational costs, yet next to zero infrastructure, relief or funds to those who need help, why even effing bother?

Just burn the money instead or give your sick, elderly, children or local community instead.

1 hour ago, Valken said:

I would be interested to see an actual AUDIT of how the funds were spent from the Red Cross. If you see 90+% goto staff and operational costs, yet next to zero infrastructure, relief or funds to those who need help, why even effing bother?

Just burn the money instead or give your sick, elderly, children or local community instead.

I doubt this particular contribution is specifically earmarked and their full audits probably aren't public, but they are pretty transparent about their expedinture. Check out the 700 page annual report from 2020 for example, there should be more info about the finances. I believe their staff and organisation and such headquarters expenses are typically around 10%.

I wonder did the annual report from 2010 show they misappropriate funds to Haiti as cited in this article:

https://www.npr.org/2015/06/03/411524156/in-search-of-the-red-cross-500-million-in-haiti-relief

This is the kind of nightmares that supports of charities want to avoid.