Sign in to follow this  
madmace10

0xC000005 Status Access Violation

Reinstalled ARMA 3 after a long time and now Im having this error after the game launches. It crashes before title screen.

I have tried everything already that the forum says too and none of it worked. I have tried it with both my USB headset and without it and it still doesn't work. 

Specs:

Intel® Core™ i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz

16GB RAM

NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1060 

32bit.exe works but 64bit does not.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ju0zd8oa8idg4f5/Arma3_x64_2021-02-01_21-48-44.rpt?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0ns626utzb1bdok/Arma3_x64_2021-02-01_21-48-44.mdmp?dl=0

Edit: It crashes with and without mods

This seems strange to me:

== "D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\Arma3_x64.exe" -malloc=system -mod= -beservice

specifically the malloc

What I find even more strange is a few lines down from there it says:

Allocator: Windows [] []

While all my RPTs say

Allocator: C:\Program Files\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Arma 3\Dll\tbb4malloc_bi_x64.dll [2017.0.0.0] [2017.0.0.0]

Have you tried without the custom malloc param?  If that doesn't work, verify the integrity of your game files (I mean, best to do it anyway, it doesn't hurt anything)

8 hours ago, stanhope said:

This seems strange to me:

== "D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\Arma3_x64.exe" -malloc=system -mod= -beservice

specifically the malloc

What I find even more strange is a few lines down from there it says:

Allocator: Windows [] []

While all my RPTs say

Allocator: C:\Program Files\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Arma 3\Dll\tbb4malloc_bi_x64.dll [2017.0.0.0] [2017.0.0.0]

Have you tried without the custom malloc param?  If that doesn't work, verify the integrity of your game files (I mean, best to do it anyway, it doesn't hurt anything)

I have tried with and without all of the malloc params, verifying the game files was not able to fix anything sadly, reinstalling directx and 2013 redis didn't help either and windows scan found and fixed some corrupt files but that didn't help either.

I know I had this error a long time ago too and was able to fix it at that time but now after reinstalling the game after so long it seems none of the common known fixes work either.

14 hours ago, madmace10 said:

Reinstalled ARMA 3 after a long time and now Im having this error after the game launches.

When was the last time you played?

Any changes to your system, like hardware upgrades, new softwares, overclocking, new drivers ect,.?

Currently when you try to launch the game is there any programs running in the background, like an antivirus, chat,

game enhancer programs, cleaners?

20 hours ago, Gunter Severloh said:

When was the last time you played?

Any changes to your system, like hardware upgrades, new softwares, overclocking, new drivers ect,.?

Currently when you try to launch the game is there any programs running in the background, like an antivirus, chat,

game enhancer programs, cleaners?

I played it about 2 years ago last, I actually remember now that I uninstalled because I was having the same issue. I factory reset my computer about a month ago and havent done much with it except downloading games. I have no extra stuff running in the background at all. No overclocking stuff or anything, I have ARMA working on my desktop amazingly but my laptop is having the problem and there aint much I  can change at least with a laptop. I did open a ticket with the feedback tracker at least its just weird that nothing at all seems to fix it.

@madmace10

Try what i posted here, see if that changes anything.

https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/232277-cant-drive-in-first-person-view-due-to-death-animation-solved-bug/?do=findComment&comment=3427310

Suggest uninstalling the game first.

The run the program, remove (delete) everything listed under arma, once thats clear

reinstall the game and see if it starts up.

if that dont work then it may be a hardware issue, so head over to this thread:

https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/187603-will-my-pc-run-arma3-what-cpugpu-to-get-what-settings-what-system-specifications/?page=1

Ask the computer experts here, oldbear, groove_c, tankbuster and maybe other can possibly shed some light on the situation, link your thread here,

and list your specs with as much detail you can, every bit helps.