gc8

Shutdown server

Hi

I need to shutdown server if certain startup conditions are not met. Does anyone know such command ?

I tried this on server: "password" serverCommand  "#shutdown";

but I get error: "Failed attempt to execute serverCommand '#shutdown' by server."

thx!

Works fine for me on my local dedicated. I presume you have setup the serverCommandPassword in your server.cfg? and are executing the serverCommand command on the server Exec_Server.gif .

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/server.cfg

18 minutes ago, Larrow said:

Works fine for me on my local dedicated. I presume you have setup the serverCommandPassword in your server.cfg? and are executing the serverCommand command on the server Exec_Server.gif .

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/server.cfg

using TADST. admin password set in that. running the command on server

I was thinking the server shutdown maybe overkill but I don't know any other way to deny "persistent battlefield" server from running

Admin password and serverCommandPassword are not the same thing. As for Tadst been a long time since I looked at it so cannot be of help other than the link I provided about server configuration, sorry.

Ok I thought simply returning to lobby would be the ideal thing but with persistent battle field the server keeps auto starting the mission. so is shutdown my only option here? 

7 hours ago, gc8 said:

I thought simply returning to lobby would be the ideal thing but with persistent battle field the server keeps auto starting the mission.

What about "#Restart" ? Force the server to restart the mission from scratch.

22 minutes ago, Larrow said:

What about "#Restart" ? Force the server to restart the mission from scratch.

with persistent battlefield it would restart the whole mission with default parameters right?

returning to lobby and staying there would be ideal. but persistent battlefield this probably is not possible as it will always auto start the mission

Edit: When I said persistent battlefield I meant that and the auto init setting!

13 minutes ago, gc8 said:

but persistent battlefield this probably is not possible as it will always auto start the mission

From my understanding persistentBattlefield( otherwise know as persistent in the server.cfg ) just stops a mission from shutting down when the last player leaves, it does not restart anything. Returning players to lobby does just as it says, returning players to the lobby does not restart a mission, the mission is still running whether persistent is set or not.

i.e the lobby is part of the mission, thats why you can see the specific roles available in the mission.

13 minutes ago, Larrow said:

From my understanding persistentBattlefield( otherwise know as persistent in the server.cfg )

yes that's true but it was my mistake to talk about persistentBattlefield when I really meant the auto start thing. 

• Confused 1

It says here that -autoInit uses default parameters... so I guess no point supporting -autoInit then?