Sign in to follow this  
spelmo3

addaction expecting boolean value

just making a simple addaction script to recruit units. its been throwing a few errors but my syntax seems correct. but im missing something.

for now this is the problem line.

this addAction ["<t color='#00bbdd'>Recruit Rifleman","B_RangeMaster_F" createUnit [position player, group player],"",nil,1.5,true,true,"","",5];

^^ my script has about 8 of these lines for each unit. but im just testing it with the one line. no errors when in the init show until i start the playtest. then i get that its missing bool expression at " this |#|addAction..."

any thoughts?  originally i just thought the sqf was being excuted/called wrong but the in editor init has the same error

Put the script inside: { code here }

that's at least one problem

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, spelmo3 said:

but my syntax seems correct

Your syntax is incorrect, second argument is an expression ("B_RangeMaster_F" createUnit [position player, group player]) and will execute immediately returning nil, while code or string is expected

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, killzone_kid said:

Your syntax is incorrect, second argument is an expression ("B_RangeMaster_F" createUnit [position player, group player]) and will execute immediately returning nil, while code or string is expected

your right. also noticed on the bis page you added about the alt syntax also being outdated. which is also what i'm using. going back to drawing board on this one.

• Like 1