egg123

Can't find saved missions

Hi,

I watched Gunter's video on how to edit a scenario, but I can't find it in my Steam Workshop scenario's  Saved folder under single player missions. All it shows is just meta.

Please could someone help, thanks.

Hello egg123,

Thanks for checking out my video, sorry to read about your trouble, lets see if we can sort this out.

My Tutorial's thread btw which was also linked in the video's description:

https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/231279-tutorial-how-to-edit-a-steam-workshop-mission-scenario/

in the future any questions on the subject please use the tutorial thread.

19 hours ago, egg123 said:

but I can't find it in my Steam Workshop scenario's  Saved folder under single player missions

So the first thing you did was play the singleplayer scenario through scenarios on the menu of the game correct?

and then after you exited you went to this folder -----> C:\Users\your username\Documents\Arma 3\Saved\steam

correct?

What is the mission you are trying to open, can you link it?

Hmm, did you have all the required mods?

except for JSRS as you dont need that mod, idk why the author has it listed as required.

I subbed to the scenario, loaded up Ace and CBA and chose the mission from scenarios on the menu,

played it for a few min, quit, went to the

C:\Users\Gunter Severloh\Documents\Arma 3\Saved\steam folder

and the mission---->   Close%20Quarters%20Combat%20Training.Altis

was inside, inside that is the pbo you want and have to extract.

About all i can tell you is be sure you have all the required mods except JSRS unless you want to use it,

and be sure to play the mission at least start it to where your ingame, then exit the scenario so your back on

the main menu, the mission folder should show up in the steam folder.

Really no other tricks then that i can tell you, as that is how its done, thanks for linking the mission btw.

I re-subscribed and loaded just Ace and CBA, went into the game saved it, exited to main menu but still nothing appears in the steam folder it just shows a folder named meta.

There is no Close%20Quarters%20Combat%20Training.Altis.

Should there be a3mpmissionssteam, and in my steam folder? Am I missing anything or perhaps deleted something?

As It was working before with another mission.

22 minutes ago, egg123 said:

just shows a folder named meta.

Try this, delete the meta folder then retry the mission, see if anything changes.

23 minutes ago, egg123 said:

Should there be a3mpmissionssteam, and in my steam folder?

Yes and no, that depends on what you have played, the a3 folder would be all the

Campaign, bootcamp, scenarios, showcases, and VR training that you have played, if you havent played any of them then

they wont show up in that folder.

26 minutes ago, egg123 said:

As It was working before with another mission.

Maybe try another single player mission and see if that one works, if it does then there may be something

with that CQB mission in relation to steam saving it.

After try the mission again, be sure your ingame able to shoot ect,.

then exit it, the game should say saving, then exit to the main menu, and technically it should have saved in the steam folder.

If you want i can link the pbo from the mission if it still doesn't work, which then you'll need to extract and then move the

mission folder to the editor and do whatever your going to do with it.

I figured it out. For some reason I have another folder named Arma 3 - Other Profiles and everything was in there.

Thanks for your help.

• Like 1