DanielB22

From which is it best to rent an ARMA server?

Hi,
I want to purchase an arma server 3.
Where is the most recommended?
I tried hosthavoc and arkhost and they just have a lot of issues with the servers.
I'm looking for something stable and fast. (germany or franch location)

Hello DanielB22,

Welcome to BI forums!

I would recommend Streamline Servers

https://streamline-servers.com/

I had rented from them in the past for a number of years, they have great prices, as well as 10-100 slots.

Configuration panels, access to steam workshop so you can download mods and install on the fly, and good locations too.

Their support imo is very good in terms of them responding to you within a day if not sooner.

If you decide to go with them and need help configuring your server send me a pm and i'll walk you through it, or give you tips and pointers.

You can also take a look at this site GSP Rating, and see reviews and recommendations for GSP servers by those who had rented.

https://www.gsprating.com/

Heres the ratings for streamline Servers https://www.gsprating.com/streamline-servers/

Theres also GTX Gaming whom, i've also rented from https://www.gsprating.com/gtx-gaming/

Steamline is tops imo. Cheers!

@Gunter Severloh

I currently have a server from hosthavoc and the problem I have with them.
That once my friends manage to log in to the server and once they fail to log in to the server and have long loading times.
Can I send to my private rpt?

Plus what do you think of serverblend?

18 hours ago, DanielB22 said:

Can I send to my private rpt?

Copy it and paste it here https://justpaste.it/

publish it and paste the link in your reply.

18 hours ago, DanielB22 said:

Plus what do you think of serverblend?

Never heard of them.

I always rented a dedicated box with them. Very good value if you can spread the cost over clan members

11 hours ago, DanielB22 said:
  • @CBA_A3;
  • @2035_United_States_Marine_Corps;
  • @3CB_Factions;
  • @3den_Enhanced;
  • @A3_Thermal_Improvement;
  • @ace;
  • @ACE_Compat_RHS;
  • @ACE_Compat_RHS_Armed_Forces_of_the_Russian_Federation;
  • @ACE_Compat_RHS_United_States_Armed_Forces;
  • @ACEX;
  • @Advanced_Towing;
  • @AJAX_2035;
  • @Arma_3_Aegis;
  • @Arma_3_Aegis_Marines;
  • @BackpackOnChest;
  • @CH_View_Distance;
  • @CUP_Terrains_Core;
  • @DUI_Squad_Radar;
  • @Enhanced_Movement;
  • @Fapovo_Island;
  • @fen_A3;
  • @Head_Range_Plus_TrackIR_Mod;
  • @Hidden_Identity_v3;
  • @HMDs_MOD;
  • @HMDs_RHS;
  • @Island_Panthera;
  • @RHSAFRF;
  • @RHSGREF;
  • @RHSSAF;
  • @Ruha;
  • @task_force_radio;
  • @Turret_Enhanced;
  • @USAF_AC130_BETA;
  • @USAF_MOD_Main_Pack;
  • @Uzbin_Valley;
  • @Virolahti_Valtatie_7;
  • @Werthles_Headless_Module;
  • @Zeus_Enhanced;
  • @Zeus_Enhanced_ACE3_Compatibility;
  • @RHSUSAF;
  • @MCC_Sandbox_4
On 1/29/2021 at 2:18 PM, DanielB22 said:

my friends manage to log in to the server and once they fail to log in to the server and have long loading times.

Based on your list above, makes me wonder why, no pun intended just saying that your running alot of mods here

theres lots to load.

My suggestion is to create mulitple profiles for your command line based on large missions you play all the time

this way only those mods for those missions are loaded and not all of them, its a waste of resources to load all 31 mods if your only

using half of them in a given play.

If you set it up right you should be able to select a profile of mods (commandline) on the fly, here is a screenshot example

of what i did when i rented a server from Streamline:  http://prntscr.com/xwhasm

Other then that:

@3den_Enhanced;

dont need to be on the server as its only for the editor.

@Enhanced_Movement;

Dont need to be on the server, you can still have the climbing walls, jumping etc,. with it as long as you have it loaded client side

i had no issues when i rented a server when using this mod as client and joining a server.

The more mods you load, the more likely you are to have problems. Your players are probably timing out.

You are loading at least 4 terrains here. You should not load the terrains you aren't using in the mission.

Have a critical look through your mod list and decide which ones you must have. If you are using a mod for a single thing that get's seen once in a four hour mission, maybe consider not using that.

Hidden Identity, for example, has not been updated for 4 years and according to the author, most of what it does is in RHS, which you already have.

3 hours ago, DanielB22 said:

I'm loading all the mods I need for the map.
Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Ok, as per your rpt you posted previously you had all those mods listed, now you have a screenshot of less mods which

can work other then what Tankbuster pointed out about the Hidden Identiy mod.

Again as per my last post the mod you are using in your screenshot

6 hours ago, Gunter Severloh said:

@3den_Enhanced;

dont need to be on the server as its only for the editor.

If you need confirmation of this then see the 3den-Enhanced FAQ here https://github.com/R3voA3/3den-Enhanced/wiki/FAQ

I quote the FAQ:

Is this mod needed on the server to run a mission?

No, once the mission is saved in the Editor, all settings created with 3den Enhanced are saved to the mission.sqm and are available

for every player who downloads the mission file when joining the server.

Honestly mate, I wouldn't even buy a server off a hosting company, I'd rather use a dedicated server from a decent company with powerful specs. It's better in the long run.

Examples of why to use a dedicated server (NOT A VPS OR SERVER HOST -UNRELIABLE):
It's more dedicated. You won't get randomly "booted" off when another node gets DDoS'd.

You have the right for every file, you can change/edit mess around with the config. They sometimes limit these, even the voice CODEC bandwidth in game.

You can diagnose issues a lot better than using a hosts "FTP" system. Atleast when you do something, you're actually editing the file, not having to "transfer" file to a server which can sometimes corrupt it.

These are 3 factors, but there's a lot more to it. I stopped using server hosts and will run nothing but a dedicated server from companies like OVH, SoYouStart, Zare etc. I find it more easier to do everything without having to ask someone for support because their "system" broke something or didn't "read" a file correctly.