BlackbirdSD

Tactical Ping issues

Does anyone else have issues with the tactical ping not working in multiplayer?  It works 80% of the time but i think when it fails it occurs after a respawn.  Possibly looking at the map while dead?

Alright if no one else has this problem, is there an alternative tagging mod that is similar?

I saw you're video on that but i dont just want to reveal enemies I want to be able for both me and my friend to point things out to each other like "lets go over there" or "hide behind that rock.  Exactly like the tactical ping but more reliable.

Thanks for the reply

• Like 1

I see, when your playing MP with your friend are you hosting a mission through MP lan,

have a server you rent, or on a server you both join?

Whats the mission you are playing, is it heavily scripted, or the tactical ping just not working after certain situations

as you mentioned after respawn?

I cant really say why the tactical ping wouldn't consitently work, maybe instead of respawn

have revive enabled but then that all depends on who created the mission.

3 minutes ago, Gunter Severloh said:

I see, when your playing MP with your friend are you hosting a mission through MP lan,

have a server you rent, or on a server you both join?

Whats the mission you are playing, is it heavily scripted, or the tactical ping just not working after certain situations

as you mentioned after respawn?

I cant really say why the tactical ping wouldn't consitently work, maybe instead of respawn

have revive enabled but then that all depends on who created the mission.

I am hosting the mission.  Only a couple scripts in the folder mostly triggers.  Tactical ping works most of the time.  I used to think it stopped working if we looked at the map while waiting for the other to revive us but thats proven wrong.  I am now wondering if it is while calling in artillery or heli support while dead, trying to do more testing.  If I ever were to save a game then reload, the tactical ping reliably fails but i almost never save games.

I havent tried it yet, to be honest. I'm hoping it's both.

3 minutes ago, Tankbuster said:

I havent tried it yet, to be honest. I'm hoping it's both.

Just tried it and it seems to just replace the yellow marker with a red circle and the circle seems to stay there until you ping the sky, maybe good or bad feature.  The red is harder to see.  Ill try it in multiplayer when I have a chance.  Thanks

That author has a second tactical ping mod, called 'enhanced' I think. Not look at that one yet.

This is a much easier to see white circle which will disappear after a few seconds but if marking close objects the circle is huge.  

Ok this issue seems to only happen for my friend not seeing my ping and I am the leader.   I cant even give him move commands when this happens.  Just played a game and it happened 3 times where the ping would work again then shut off.   Always after my death and revive.