M57UAvD.png

A backpack that can be assembled/disassembled into a Zodiac.    

The pbo's in the "optionals" folder are configured to add a fatigue penalty when the backpack is equipped.

The "eo_zodiac_backpack_jog" pbo limits the player to jog or walk, the player cannot sprint when the backpack is equipped.

The "eo_zodiac_backpack_walk" pbo limits the player to walking only, the player cannot jog or sprint and is instantly fatigued when backpack is equipped.

Steam Workshop.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

This is awesome! one of those mods I didn't know I needed till I saw it.

Is there any chance you could add ACE interactions as well (Like a self interaction to deploy and an interaction on the boat to recover)?
Understandable if it's not a priority, I just really hate the scroll wheel menus 😂

One more thing for consideration is a deployment/recovery time so it's not instant, even if it's just 5-10 seconds or something?

Again great work as always!!!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, JD Wang said:

Is there any chance you could add ACE interactions as well (Like a self interaction to deploy and an interaction on the boat to recover)?
Understandable if it's not a priority, I just really hate the scroll wheel menus 😂
One more thing for consideration is a deployment/recovery time so it's not instant, even if it's just 5-10 seconds or something?

Hi, glad you enjoy the mod. :icon_biggrin:

I'll look into adding ACE interactions, although it may be beyond my remit but I'll give it a go.  :rthumb:

• Thanks 1

Mmm

A non unflated zodiac is very heavy. An engine weighs a lot too.

For the sake of balance and realism.. I. Would suggest dividing the load into 2 backpacks like the HMG and mortars (weapon + tripod) so it must be carried between two men...

Otherwise the mod is VERY cool and useful por SPECOPS missions

• Like 2

On 2/2/2021 at 7:22 PM, mankyle said:

Mmm 

A non unflated zodiac is very heavy. An engine weighs a lot too.

For the sake of balance and realism.. I. Would suggest dividing the load into 2 backpacks like the HMG and mortars (weapon + tripod) so it must be carried between two men...

Regarding your points about weight/balance/realism, the mass of the zodiac backpack is currently set at 300, that's on a par with the drone backpacks, so carrying it for a prolonged length of time will fatigue the player much quicker than a "regular" pack. I can always increase the mass if it helps with balance/realism etc.  

As for splitting the load between 2 backpacks, while I'm not saying it's impossible, it's beyond the scope of this mod, which in essence is just a riff of the vanilla respawn backpack system. 

I guess for the sake of enjoyment we just have to suspend our disbelief while using the backpack. 

Thanks for the feedback btw. :icon_biggrin:

Edit:

I ran a couple of tests: increasing the mass in increments of 100 shortens the time the player can sprint when the pack is equipped. If I set mass to anything above 900 then the player can no longer sprint and is immediately fatigued.

I quite like taking away the ability to sprint with the pack equipped, this could possibly address the weight/balance/realism aspect. 

Zodiac Backpack has been updated:

Added an "optionals" folder that contains 2 additional pbo's.

The pbo's in the "optionals" folder are configured to add a fatigue penalty when the backpack is equipped.
The "eo_zodiac_backpack_jog" pbo limits the player to either jog or walk, the player cannot sprint when the backpack is equipped.
The "eo_zodiac_backpack_walk" pbo limits the player to walking only, the player cannot jog or sprint and is instantly fatigued when backpack is equipped.

The OP has been updated. 

Steam Workshop.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks again for all your work.

Is there any way make those variables you can change in the missions init.sqf or even use CBA_settings? (I know that would make CBA a dependency, but 100% worth it in my eyes)  
Optional PBO's are the worst for anyone who runs a group. You either have to upload those optional PBO's to the workshop or talk your guys through making the mod local else every time you open the launcher it "repairs" the mod and gets rid of the optional PBO's 

I get why people make them, but they really are the worst.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, JD Wang said:

Is there any way make those variables you can change in the missions init.sqf or even use CBA_settings? (I know that would make CBA a dependency, but 100% worth it in my eyes)  

Sorry man but I've not got the necessary skill-set to turn this into a script based mod. 😕

10 hours ago, JD Wang said:

Optional PBO's are the worst for anyone who runs a group. You either have to upload those optional PBO's to the workshop or talk your guys through making the mod local else every time you open the launcher it "repairs" the mod and gets rid of the optional PBO's 

Not sure why you think optional pbo's are a bad option, it takes literally seconds to cut/paste them into the addons folder, and regarding the issue with the launcher I don't recognize that to be the case, taking this mod as an example, If I move an optional pbo to the addons folder it remains there the next time I launch the game.

3 hours ago, EO said:

Sorry man but I've not got the necessary skill-set to turn this into a script based mod. 😕

Not sure why you think optional pbo's are a bad option, it takes literally seconds to cut/paste them into the addons folder, and regarding the issue with the launcher I don't recognize that to be the case, taking this mod as an example, If I move an optional pbo to the addons folder it remains there the next time I launch the game.

Thanks, I'll give it another shot, but in the past I've always found if I copy optional PBO's over then steam "repairs" the folder back to it's original state which is a nightmare when you run a group and people struggle to even get the right mods loaded despite having been given an exported modlist to use 🤪

• Like 1