• High-Res Textures

• New Smoke Scripts by Rastavovich, edited by AKM74

• New Sounds

• New Weapons

Oh the hell with it, just download it!

BMD3-1.jpg

BMD3-2.jpg

BMD3M-1.jpg

Are you sure, I keep getting the same message?

-edit - even though I get the message, the download starts after a few secs, so never mind.  wink.gif

-edit againt - ignore me, I can't read

tounge.gif

Wow! Amazing addon! Love the smoke launchers!

I still thin the AG-17 could be faster, but this is one sweet addon!

Sorry to keep posting, but I found that one of the LOD's is wrong. The damaged LOD shows it as black when destroyed, but at a certain distance turns green again.

Hmm.... I just noticed a bug...maybe not a big one. But when I'm commander of the BMD-3M and I switch to the driver position...if I order the gunner to fire the smoke then the turret on the BMD disappears and I get a green screen.

sad.gif So far this has only happened when switching from the commander to the driver position. If that's the only way it does that then it's not a big bug, but if it doesn't that from all the positions, then that might suck. As I mess with it more tomorrow I'll be able found out more about the bug.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Also after a smoke shell is fired, it disapears from inventory but stays in the action menu though you are unable to fire it.

it take 1 min to reload it, then you can fire it again. (just imagine if you fire 6 - 8 more smoke when 6 of them still in the air)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hmm.... I just noticed a bug...maybe not a big one. But when I'm commander of the BMD-3M and I switch to the driver position...if I order the gunner to fire the smoke then the turret on the BMD disappears and I get a green screen.<span id='postcolor'>

can you try it with BMD3 ? I add commander in BMD3M after script was done. And it was tested on BMD3 model only.

Thanx for your help guys.

Yes AKM, I know that would lag the game. But what I am talking about is that the "Fire Smoke" option is still in the action menu when you can't fire another one for a minute.

Nice work again, here's a list of incorrections I found:

-Turn out options removed confused.gif, would be nice to see added again

-Engine sound is maybe a bit too loud, can't hear the tracks

-Your very nice Konkurs ATGM sounds are included PBO but are not in use (explosion & flying sounds I mean)

-SpetzNaz as crew in BMD-3M, shouldn't it be normal tank crew?

-Commanders periscope model inside the BMD-3M won't follow the turret properly (hard to explain, shouldn't be hard to notice)

-No group icons (although mentioned in config.cpp)

-Radar range too high for the game balance

Very nice addon still biggrin.gif.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">SpetzNaz as crew in BMD-3M, shouldn't it be normal tank crew?<span id='postcolor'>

I would say that it should be paratroopers as crew

Other things to look at.

- I really like the smoke screen grenades, but is it posible to make all 6 shots/grenades spread out in front of the turret (maybe in a 100 degres arch)

- Make a muzzle flash for the 2A42 on both the BMD-3 and the BMD-3M.

- On the BMD-3M the 2A42 fires from the main gun. It should fire for the smaller barrel.

- Could you make some cargo position on the back end of it. Maybe 4-6 like on

this picture

And last a "little" request. I was thinking since you have they main body of it could you make this into a BMD pack instead. By BMD pack i where thinking this.

BMD-3 and BMD-3M that you have now and then

BMD-1

Info & side view

3-view

Pictures

BMD-1ZP

Picture

You already have the ZU-23  smile.gif

BMD-2

Info & side view

3-view

Pictures

2S9

Info & side view

3-view

Pictures

With these, the finished antonov from Konyak-2 And some russian paratroopers we would have a russian airborne force.

Argh...when I download it the Zip file always seems uncomplete - I get a message saying it's invalid. Also why when I download it do I have to use the stupid "windows" downloader instead of "GoZilla" which I usually use? "GoZilla" is my default but it's that crappy widows one which always appears.

Unless someone can explain whats happening I'm going to have to wait untill it appears on www.ofp.cz or a similar site - their downloads always work fine.

1. It is not a ZIP file. You need WinRAR (http://www.rarlabs.com)

2. I have anti-leeching so people do not steal my bandwidth. Just use the 'crappy windows one'. It isn't all that bad, I absolutely HATE GoZilla.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">- I really like the smoke screen grenades, but is it posible to make all 6 shots/grenades spread out in front of the turret (maybe in a 100 degres arch)<span id='postcolor'>

No unfortunally it is not possible to find out what direction a turret is looking (at least not with a simple command). Maybe I tweak the scripts, so it can be used that way (will much more cpu consuming, cause it has to calculate quite some sin/cos then)

not sure if you know it or not, but after cyclin weapons and passing smoke while moving in the BMD3m the screen goes green and you cant do anything about it, when you get out this  and this happens confused.gif

(greenscreen: here)

Ahhhh! It's a headless BMD! Run for your lives!

I think it might have something to do with the script removing the Smoke weapon each time you reload it.

I love that vehicle. It's the best of its type by far. It suffers like all IFVs and APCs from being extremely fragile, but that's okay because if this thing didn't die from a single LAW hit it would certainly be almost unstoppable.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Acidcrash @ Feb. 01 2003,23:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">not sure if you know it or not, but after cyclin weapons and passing smoke while moving in the BMD3m the screen goes green and you cant do anything about it, when you get out this  and this happens confused.gif

(greenscreen: here)<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah that happened to me also.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Very nice addon. Remove the fire smoke option, it lags too much or make better smoke. I don´t know but could you use same kind of smoke like in kegetys lynx?

Thats a good idea Goeth. I remember the lynx not lagging OFP very much, if not at all.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Goeth[kyllikki] @ Feb. 02 2003,16:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Very nice addon. Remove the fire smoke option, it lags too much or make better smoke. I don´t know but could you use same kind of smoke like in kegetys lynx?<span id='postcolor'>

But the lynx smoke isn't grenade launched, its from a dispenser.

I love the smoke option on this BMD-3.

The smoke screen lags so much because it shots 8 basic smoke grenades around the vehicle and even one smoke grenade can cause some slowdowns. Kegetys' Lynx smoke would be very nice since it doesn't lag very much but still covers quite a big area.

I don´t know what kind of computer you have but mine starts to slow down heavily when you launch the smokes. I would love to have smokes in the vehicles but if they lag like hell then there is no point to include it in addon imho. But if somebody makes less heavy smoke like in the lynx then i´m all for it.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Goeth[kyllikki] @ Feb. 03 2003,00:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I don´t know what kind of computer you have but mine starts to slow down heavily when you launch the smokes. I would love to have smokes in the vehicles but if they lag like hell then there is no point to include it in addon imho. But if somebody makes less heavy smoke like in the lynx then i´m all for it.<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah, plus the whole smoke thing is kinda buggy. I'd rather it not be there, but if it is kept I hope it's made less intense (or only on the frontal arc of the BMD) and also with fewer bugs.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>