Update:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2369477168

# Added:
* Modded keybinding: Allows you to open the console everywhere you want, even in the main menu! Visit Game Controls > Advanced Developer Tools to set the shortcut (note: the previous shortcut setting under Preferences is now deprecated)
* Ability to copy config search results, as an array of config paths

# Improved:
The watch window can now be moved freely, and its position is remembered during the current game session. To undock the watch window, drag its top black border.

# Fixed:
* German localization fixes and improvements (thanks to y0014984, https://github.com/y0014984)
* The regex extension now uses boost::regex for regex verification (which is what Arma uses) instead of std::regex, which was buggy.
* 1 letter search couldn't be performed (due to a game issue with the "trim" command)
* Some minor bug fixes

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Hey just a heads up: when entering a closing bracket ")" it will instead insert two, one at the cursor position and the other behind the cursor

On 2/17/2022 at 2:38 PM, 7erra said:

Hey just a heads up: when entering a closing bracket ")" it will instead insert two, one at the cursor position and the other behind the cursor

Yeah lots of keybinding stuff are broken with non-English input methods. I'm assuming you're using German keyboard? (close bracket is shift+9?)
I override the input using the KeyDown EH and I just use the English DIK codes. I suppose I could combine it with the onChar EH to actually detect the inserted character...? 🤔

For now I've added a warning about this issue in the description.

• Like 1

On 2/17/2022 at 2:38 PM, 7erra said:

I was gonna add a feature for disabling bracket auto completion but looks like I already have. For now you can simply disable this feature until I find a solution for the non-English keyboard bugs.

• Like 1

Update:

# Added:
* Saved Scripts: When you save a script using Ctrl+S it is saved into the Saved Scripts window. You can open the window using the Ctrl+Shift+H shortcut, or select it from the File menu. Saves are permanent and have no count limit, unlike Execution History. You have to delete them manually from the Saved Scripts window if you don't need them.

Note that Saved Scripts must have unique names (tab name). If a duplicate saved script already exists, you'll be asked whether to overwrite it.

# Fixed:
* Function Viewer sometimes opened the wrong "last viewed function"
* Reverse text selection in function viewer and exec history was broken.
* Error when hitting enter when a Warning window was open.
* When the last character in the text was a linebreak, the last line didn't have a line number in console, function viewer, etc.
* Race condition in console, which could cause all tabs to be lost if the first time it opened was using the magic word.
* Magic word couldn't be changed in settings

# Improved:
* Reduced saved tab size in profile namespace
* To improve performance, the Properties listbox in config viewer can no longer be scrolled horizontally (there was no need anyway, because you can just use the data viewer). Previously it would get very slow if you visited a class with a lot of properties (e.g. radio protocol words), since Arma renders the whole thing, even the part that's out of view...
* Console performance is slightly improved

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 3/4/2022 at 5:50 PM, Leopard20 said:

Update:

# Added:
* Saved Scripts: When you save a script using Ctrl+S it is saved into the Saved Scripts window. You can open the window using the Ctrl+Shift+H shortcut, or select it from the File menu. Saves are permanent and have no count limit, unlike Execution History. You have to delete them manually from the Saved Scripts window if you don't need them.

Note that Saved Scripts must have unique names (tab name). If a duplicate saved script already exists, you'll be asked whether to overwrite it.

# Fixed:
* Function Viewer sometimes opened the wrong "last viewed function"
* Reverse text selection in function viewer and exec history was broken.
* Error when hitting enter when a Warning window was open.
* When the last character in the text was a linebreak, the last line didn't have a line number in console, function viewer, etc.
* Race condition in console, which could cause all tabs to be lost if the first time it opened was using the magic word.
* Magic word couldn't be changed in settings

# Improved:
* Reduced saved tab size in profile namespace
* To improve performance, the Properties listbox in config viewer can no longer be scrolled horizontally (there was no need anyway, because you can just use the data viewer). Previously it would get very slow if you visited a class with a lot of properties (e.g. radio protocol words), since Arma renders the whole thing, even the part that's out of view...
* Console performance is slightly improved

Amazing release al always @Leopard20

Using these tools while making missions do not cause dependencies right?

5 minutes ago, LSValmont said:

Amazing release al always @Leopard20

Using these tools while making missions do not cause dependencies right?

Thanks.

Nope, no dependencies for mission editing.
But if you play the mission and save the game, I think you'll need the mod to be able to load the scenario. Not 100% sure tho.

Just now, Leopard20 said:

Thanks.

Nope, no dependencies for mission editing.
But if you play the mission and save the game, I think you'll need the mod to be able to load the scenario. Not 100% sure tho.

Don't worry I only do MP missions so no regular save 😉

Thanks!

Update:

# Added:
* Function DBUG_fnc_diag_mergeConfigFile: Use it instead of diag_mergeConfigFile to prevent crashes in Config Viewer after using diag_mergeConfigFile. This crash is caused by invalidation of config pointers after merge and I can't fix or detect it using my mod. This function deletes the stored config data to prevent the crash, and there's no need to close the Config Viewer either.
Parameters of this function are the same as diag_mergeConfigFile (the function is simply a wrapper)

# Tweaked:
* Ctrl+S saving in Debug Console is reverted to old behavior (save to profile namespace/edited text box using magic word). To save scripts permanently (which you can access in the Saved Scripts window), use Ctrl+Shift+S.
* Newly opened scripts no longer show the "unsaved" red icon.

Also, huge thanks to Instant Arma for reviewing the mod! Be sure to check out this amazing video: (German Voice + English subtitles):

• Like 3

I'm getting this error when including a file from a pbo. Used to work just fine before the latest update:

Error in expression <		continue;
			};

private _add = _pcnt#((_para find _word) + 1);
			_cntO>
Error position: <_pcnt#((_para find _word) + 1);
			_cntO>
Error Undefined variable in expression: _pcnt
File //DEV_TOOLS/functions/console/intellisys/fn_intelliSys.sqf..., line 1122

EDIT:
All the macros from that file work though, it just spams that error

Edited by h -
Additional info

3 hours ago, h - said:

I'm getting this error when including a file from a pbo. Used to work just fine before the latest update:

Error in expression <		continue;
			};

private _add = _pcnt#((_para find _word) + 1);
			_cntO>
Error position: <_pcnt#((_para find _word) + 1);
			_cntO>
Error Undefined variable in expression: _pcnt
File //DEV_TOOLS/functions/console/intellisys/fn_intelliSys.sqf..., line 1122

EDIT:
All the macros from that file work though, it just spams that error

Yeah left over code due to copy paste. Will remove. Thanks for reporting the problem.

V3.0 update:

# Added:
* Debugger: Say goodbye to `systemChat`, `hint`, etc. Debug your code using breakpoints like a pro! The debugger has a feature-rich variable viewer to help you monitor your variables.
There are 2 ways to set breakpoints: Directly via console, and indirectly using external text editors.
1. Direct: Place breakpoint by clicking next to a line number. To disabled the breakpoint, press Ctrl+ Left Click. To set the breakpoint condition, press Ctrl + Right Click.
2. Indirect: Add '#include "\dbug\debug.h"' at the top of your file. Then place breakpoints using the BREAK macro. In this mode breakpoints are not customizable (disable/condition not available)
Breakpoint limitations:
1. You can only place breakpoints before the code is executed. However, you can edit breakpoints (remove/disable/set condition) after the code is executed (if breakpoints were added via console)
2. Breakpoints cannot pause the game in unscheduled environment (because that equals total game freeze). However scheduled scripts can be paused if you want to (available in mod options)

* Variable Viewer: Used to view variables in debug mode. It can display different types, e.g. objects/positions are shown in the world, and controls are highlighted using Red boxes.

It is possible to add custom watches per variable type using the + button. To remove a watch, select it, then right click on the watch window.

* On-the-fly function edit: If you add your functions using CfgFunctions and enable allowFunctionsRecompile = 1, you can edit your functions directly through the console and set breakpoints. This feature can be disabled through mod options.

To use this feature, open your function though the Function Viewer.

# Improved:
* The built-in preprocessor now fully supports all vanilla preprocessor features, and SQFVM PP is now deprecated. Be sure to switch to the Built-in (SQF) preprocessor in Mod Settings.
* IntelliSys can now handle macros properly.

# Known issues:
* IntelliSys caching was broken and it's force-disabled. This makes intellisys slower than before. This issue will be addressed in the next update.

Video of breakpoint feature:
https://twitter.com/Leopard2O/status/1559221867701047299

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Weird problem happening using this + current dev (haven't tested stable):
When saving in SP with only this mod running the game CTDs (STATIC_ACCESS_ERRORNOTATALLHELPFULL)

I did run into this some time ago already but completely forgot to report it, back then it went as such:
when saving a game after save is done error message saying "circular reference found in HashMap, this will cause a memory leak!"
Trying to load the save = CTD.

So maybe that is a hint? 
There was some hashmap related fix in some recent-ish dev branches so maybe that just made the same prob act different :shrug:

8 hours ago, h - said:

When saving in SP with only this mod running the game CTDs (STATIC_ACCESS_ERRORNOTATALLHELPFULL)

I did run into this some time ago already but completely forgot to report it, back then it went as such:
when saving a game after save is done error message saying "circular reference found in HashMap, this will cause a memory leak!"

So maybe that is a hint? 
There was some hashmap related fix in some recent-ish dev branches so maybe that just made the same prob act different :shrug:

I'm pretty sure I don't have a circular ref anywhere in any of my hashmaps. It's most likely a game bug. I think something similar was reported a while ago in Arma Discord?
Anyway, will investigate. Thanks for the report.

9 hours ago, h - said:

So maybe that is a hint? 

I pushed an update with a workaround. But I checked and I don't have any circular references so I have no idea what it's talking about :shrug:
I'll send a crashdump to the devs for investigation.

• Thanks 1

The IntelliSys thingy thinks that switch-do 'default' is somehow in "external" scope or smth, pseudo code:
undefvar.png

Also, if you do weird things like I do and do something like this:

#define NAMESPACE player
#define COMMA ,
#define SVAR(xx, yy) NAMESPACE setVariable ["MYTRAG_varib" + xx, yy]

SVAR("SomeStuff", [primaryWeapon player COMMA secondaryWeapon player])

Error is 'Invalid number of macro args' but the game is completely fine with that kind of macro (of course if you use , instead of the macro COMMA it is not..)
No idea if that's worth wasting time fixing tho..

One more:

#define WEPTYPE(xx) ["", "primary", "handgun", "", "secondary"] select (getNumber(configFile >> "CfgWeapons" >> xx >> "type"))

WEPTYPE(currentWeapon player)

This reports undefined variable 'currentweaponplayer'

On 8/6/2023 at 11:19 AM, h - said:

The IntelliSys thingy thinks that switch-do 'default' is somehow in "external" scope or smth, pseudo code:
undefvar.png

Also, if you do weird things like I do and do something like this:

#define NAMESPACE player
#define COMMA ,
#define SVAR(xx, yy) NAMESPACE setVariable ["MYTRAG_varib" + xx, yy]

SVAR("SomeStuff", [primaryWeapon player COMMA secondaryWeapon player])

Error is 'Invalid number of macro args' but the game is completely fine with that kind of macro (of course if you use , instead of the macro COMMA it is not..)
No idea if that's worth wasting time fixing tho..

One more:

#define WEPTYPE(xx) ["", "primary", "handgun", "", "secondary"] select (getNumber(configFile >> "CfgWeapons" >> xx >> "type"))

WEPTYPE(currentWeapon player)

This reports undefined variable 'currentweaponplayer'

Forgot the default. Thanks
As for macros, they're still kinda broken anyway, because right now it checks macros within scopes which is wrong (first you have to preprocess the file then do linting). I have to rewrite it completely but I don't have time rn.

There seems to be some sort of length bug or smth, when code reaches lines in the several hundreds (in this case 543 lines).
This seems to depend somewhat on how much text the code is as a whole because the line count is not always the same :shrug:

Second parameter has to be an array
Error in expression <isNil "_longResult" } do
{
    (_extension callExtension ["?", _longResult]) params>
Error position: <callExtension ["?", _longResult]) params>
Error Type Number, expected Array
File /DEV_TOOLS/functions/general/fn_callExtension.sqf..., line 23
➥ Context:     [] L24 (/DEV_TOOLS/functions/general/fn_addSchd.sqf)
    [] L57 (DBUG\functions\general\EHs\fn_eachFrame.sqf)
    [] L51 (DBUG\functions\general\EHs\fn_eachFrame.sqf)
    [] L53 (DBUG\functions\general\EHs\fn_eachFrame.sqf)
    [] L39 (DBUG\functions\console\exec\fn_exec.sqf)
    [MainScope] L558 (DBUG\functions\console\exec\fn_preprocessFile.sqf)
    [] L559 (DBUG\functions\console\exec\fn_preprocessFile.sqf)
    [callExt] L21 (/DEV_TOOLS/functions/general/fn_callExtension.sqf)
    [] L24 (/DEV_TOOLS/functions/general/fn_callExtension.sqf)
    [] L25 (/DEV_TOOLS/functions/general/fn_callExtension.sqf)

4 hours ago, h - said:

There seems to be some sort of length bug or smth, when code reaches lines in the several hundreds (in this case 543 lines).
This seems to depend somewhat on how much text the code is as a whole because the line count is not always the same :shrug:

yes. use the Built in (SQF) preprocessor instead (check settings)