Sign in to follow this  
h4wek

Unable to start engine / blades when attachedto

Why is imposssibile to start turning RPM and main rotor blades when vehicle is "attachedto" other object :  ?

F12531A83E841A0618D2EEFD0E65EABD497159AD

{
    if ((alive _x) && (canmove _x) && (isengineon _x) && (alive driver _x) && (((velocityModelSpace _x)#2) > 0) && (_x animationSourcePhase "rpm" > 3)) then {
                                                                                            detach _x;
                                                                                            _connected deleteat (_connected find _x);
                                                                                            _ship setvariable ["aircraft",_connected,true];
                                                                                      };
    }foreach _connected;

I trying to make working helipad on moving ship and when I want to discover parameters to start of vehicle (to detach it during the start) all is going to crap doue to this issue, is it intentionally done in engine or bug?

4 minutes ago, h4wek said:

is it intentionally done in engine or bug?

I assume it is intentional. Still you may post it as a bug in BugTracker since there's a lot of ppl who would love to see positive changes in this matter, I guess.

It looks like bug beacouse engine start but only for few seconds and blades are staying in place and engine is reported as runing - strange behaviour, similar problem is when it land and i cach it to deck by attachto command engine is reported stoped but sound and blads still runing.

If it's bug than it is even more resonable posting it in BugTracker. That bug might possibly be fixed. I do not believe however that fixing this bug will eventually lead to the outcome you are hoping for. 

I am sure that it help - example if heli come to this landing point and land on it - script will attach it to object and it stay with turned on engine (and trying to start after some time but is attached so it can't  until detach), so when I detach it manually it starting in air back, but after turn engine off it happen the same like from stop state, so in this situation only reason to not start from stop state is this bug/issue I think - but you maybe have right to post it in bug trucker (i would like to move this topic but i havent permissions or options for that).

Attaching an object to something will mean that the object you're attaching, in this case the helicopter, will basically act like a child of the object you've attached it to and inherit it's simulation. The same thing will happen if you try to attach turrets to the static ships. They will update their animations infrequently, meaning that every few seconds they appear to snap their aim to a new target. It's not a bug, it's how attachTo works. I'm not sure why the command works that way, maybe it doesn't have to?

I tried attaching turrets to the Destroyer a few months ago and ran into this, but it only took a little bit of searching to find this (including possible work-around):

Ok turrets attached to ship have problems with targeting - or thew had - bacouse I attach it to my version of liberty and they works perfectly with AI on it, but this behaviour of attached heli with runing engine or in oposite way/unpossibile to start it is little strange behaviour as child object - i have runing ship as parent - so heli is like in move - when i have droping heli from 1000m and I turn on engine it works so why it not works if it takeing properities from parent??

I have new observation - the planes attahced to carrier (as moving ship - parent) could have change states of surce anims "RPM" so I can observe status of engine on connected to ship plane, but as it was before helis not change it's RPMs sorces and act like it was before.

I also try how act VTOL vehs like osprey - and is ok those  are similar in compare with  planes so only heli simulation is a problem.

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett