Sign in to follow this  
IdoX

A Way To Check How Much Mods Affects Performance

Hello dear Arma community,

I was wondering if there is a way to view how much each mod and addon affects fps and performance at any given time while playing Arma. And if not is there a mod which does that? I need this because I'm playing in a community and we have some fps issues so we want to track our mods and find if one of them affects fps significantly.

Thanks in advance, Ido

To my knowledge  there is no simple way to check individually-- beyond gradually adding/removing mods from the load order and manually checking performance. Performance is many things. Adding mods with a large number of assets will increase load time. Certain mods may have high quality or poorly optimised models (which means placing many of them on screen simultaneously is taxing for lower end systems).  If you are using some sort of mission framework for your common scenarios, check these for bugs or script loops. 

Why don't you post a list of mods you are currently using? 

Well, generally speaking:

"Just" loading mods on their own should mainly affect (initial) load up time.

There are two main reasons why a mod may impact performance:

- If it's vehicles and units, they might not be well optimized, meaning no proper LODs, showing the "full-detail-version" of a model even if you're far away.

- If it's a gameplay tweak, like enhanced functionality, it might be caused by improper scripting.

My personal approach would be:

- First take away the mods that add "mechanics"/are heavilly scripted

- **Then** take a look at units and vehicles.

• Like 2