h34dup

WW2 OSS Op Jedburgh [SP]

j0VF5Fl.jpg?1

DOWNLOAD (v0.5 beta):

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2364019577

Lead your men to victory and take part in the liberation of France as an American OSS (Office of Strategic Services) operative during the legendary Operation Jedburgh. After months of training and preparation, your Jed Team made the drop into France the night of the D-Day invasion, establishing contact with local Maquis resistance in Orglandes, providing training, arranging supply drops, and serving as a vital link to SFHQ in London. Today, all that will be put to the test as we move to prepare the region for the rapidly advancing Allied 8th Army.

FEATURES

• A story-driven SP mission based on the real Operation Jedburgh (Wikipedia link[en.wikipedia.org]), offering the immersion of a campaign in a single three-chapter scenario!
  • Play across a huge swath of the excellent Orglandes terrain, with thousands of hand-placed set pieces, including a unique Milice station, Panzergruppe encampment, and a completely re-worked "battle-scarred" town of Orglandes!
  • NEW! Dynamically-spawned units optimized for performance, an improvement requested by players of my previous missions, ensuring a populated battlefield that is more CPU-friendly!
  • Detailed units with the right gear for the theater, including the American O.S.S., British and French SAS, French Maquis/F.F.I. and Communist F.T.P., Vichy Milice, and German 352nd Division, 17th SS Panzergrenadiers, 5th Fallschirmjager, and more!
  • Mission tasks are based on the real tactics of the OSS and the Simple Sabotage Field Manual, including ambush, sabotage, and rescue, with multiple approaches to accomplishing your mission, and optional objectives for added challenges and unlockable support!

AUTHOR'S NOTES

• I've been working on a mission based on Op Jedburgh for a while, originally set in the Crossroads: Bocage terrain, but decided to start over with a completely different narrative. This is the result, hope you enjoy what might be my last release for some time.
  • This is a work of fiction, any resemblance to real people or events is purely coincidental. It was inspired by Robert Kohoe's account of his experience on Jed Team Frederick, as well as Operation Jedburgh: D-Day and America's First Shadow War by Colin Beavan. I referenced the War Report of the OSS, the Special Operations and Secret Intelligence Field Guides, Simple Sabotage, and other declassified documents.
  • This is a beta release, some bugs may exist. Also, it's Arma, so there are bound to be things that will affect your playthrough.
  • The add-on list may be long, but I assure you they are worth it!
  • Warning: this scenario contains some imagery that is historically-accurate to the period being portrayed. By no means does the inclusion or representation of imagery from this period reflect or represent the views of the author. This is intended for entertainment purposes only, do not subscribe if you are uncomfortable with it.
  • Curious to hear about your playthroughs! Please like and comment if you have an AAR, catch a bug, or have any constructive feedback.

CREDITS

• The respective authors of the required addons, especially Orglandes, GEIST, and USGE&A for the incredible mods!
  • Surrender script from MNK
  • Michael Giacchino, Composer, MoH Soundtrack
  • Like 3

Hello, I've commented this mission on Steam, but I will continue here, as I don't want to spam the Steam page with comments.

I really do not mind, that this mission does not have voice acting, the thing that is really bugging me, are the disabled radios. Sometimes I loose track of what is going on because of it and notice, that half my team is dead. I understand it when radios are disabled in an MP mission, because the chatter can get across player communication, bun considering this is an SP one I see no need for it. Could you please enable them?

If you are not good ad voice acting, or it is hard to find actors for you (trust me I know these problems only too well) you can always use text to speech for it. I know it's not the best solution, but it is better, than just silence and text.

I wanted to continue playing this mission today (didn't had time before), but for some strange unknown reason I've lost all it's saves. I will start playing from beginning and will give you feedback.