scorpio17523

Create Task2 when player assigns Task1

Hi,

I'm trying to figure something out, which is probably very simple but I can't figure out the correct syntax and I've spent quite a bit of time looking on the wiki, forums and YouTube trying to find out how to do this.

I have a task setup in the Eden Editor (task1) which gets created (not assigned) when BLUFOR are present in the trigger aread. This currently works fine, however I have another task setup with another trigger synced to it so that it doesn't show straight away. I want this second task (task2) to be triggered when the player manually assigns themselve task1...

I know I need to put a condition in task2's trigger to check that task1's state is "Assigned" but am unclear how to do this...

If anyone could help shed some light on this I would be very greatful!

[ "task1" ] call BIS_fnc_taskExits && { [ "task1" ] call BIS_fnc_taskState == "ASSIGNED" }

Edited: Realised you said task1 is created by a trigger so you need to make sure task1 exists before checking its state

• Like 2

As @Larrow said... And IF I AM NOT MISTAKEN, the trigger will evaluate the condition that Larrow said in specific time intervals so, when this will be true, the task will be assigned!

On 1/15/2021 at 4:22 PM, Larrow said:

[ "task1" ] call BIS_fnc_taskExits && { [ "task1" ] call BIS_fnc_taskState == "ASSIGNED" }

Edited: Realised you said task1 is created by a trigger so you need to make sure task1 exists before checking its state

Hey @Larrow,

Just in case he wants to get rid of the trigger...could he go for an Eventhandler also?

this addEventHandler ["TaskSetAsCurrent", { params 

["_unit", "_task"];

}];

• Like 2

Hey @zagor64bz I believe that this will work but, I am not 100% sure if this syntax will work for MP! And because I am a noob, where are you going to add the EH for this to work?

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, A. Ares said:

Hey @zagor64bz I believe that this will work but, I am not 100% sure if this syntax will work for MP! And because I am a noob, where are you going to add the EH for this to work?

I'm not sure about MP as well, since I create SP missions only, but I'm pretty sure that EH can go in the unit init, or the mission init, or in a gamelogic.

For example, in one of my Ghost Recon campaign, I use that EH to activate layers according to task progression:

Spoiler

player addEventHandler ["TaskSetAsCurrent",{      
    params ["_unit","_task"];  

private _layers = switch _task do {  
        case ("Task04" call BIS_fnc_taskReal):{(getMissionLayerEntities "pilotTaskCustom") select 0};  
        case ("Task05" call BIS_fnc_taskReal):{(getMissionLayerEntities "sinkShipCustom") select 0};  
  case ("Task06" call BIS_fnc_taskReal):{(getMissionLayerEntities "powerPlantTaskCustom") select 0};  
  case ("Task07" call BIS_fnc_taskReal):{(getMissionLayerEntities "virusTaskCustom") select 0};  
        default {[]};  
    };      

{  
        _x enableSimulation true;       
        _x hideObject false;    
    } forEach _layers;  
}];

Keep in mind that my tasks are all scripted and not using modules.(once understood the concept, it's easier to keep track of tasks and build complex tasks progression without a maze of modules, triggers, and what-nots in the editor).

• Like 2

@zagor64bz alright mate... I believe that scripting has way more potential than modules (although modules may be faster and easier some times). I try to learn the basics on scripting these days so, it seems that the potential is really high! Although locality and scripting for MP (JIP in mind) some times is a huge pain in the @ss but I take it slow! Now for EH, I believe that they have to be added on every client with a "remoteExec" otherwise they won't be able to execute if the locality of the object change or the commands are have a local effect! But, as I said, I am still a noob and I cannot really confirm that! 😛

Cheers mate.

P.s: I would love to take a look at your campaign! 

• Like 2

As I said, I'm more noob than you on the MP subject! Sorry mate...wish I could help you more.

As for my campaign, please feel free to give it a spin, trash it around as you like, and let me know what's your impressions on it.

• Like 2