Since the introduction of the locked container, and timed safe i feel like there is little incentive to go for the airdrop anymore. I'm sure i am not the first to think of this, but it would be cool if you could upgrade the airdrop with the comm stations. This means that the max rarity airdrop in an encounter (without boosters) would be military grade, but that would also mean that there is a higher risk as you can't apply any other perks like stealth or quick drop since there are only three comm stations in encounters. Other outlanders can also sabotage this by using comm stations for other purposes. I think this could be a good edition to the game in its current state, and introduce a new and interesting mechanic to the airdrop. I want to hear if there are other solutions out there, and i appreciate any feedback.

I don’t actually like this idea to be honest hard enough as it is to get it for the sake of challenges without being mugged by other players not to mention the fact if you want military grade crates there’s a handy little airdrop boost button! Because of the existence of that I imagine the dev would say no to this. I get the idea is good in theory but honestly that’s why the modifiers exist in the first place with the coms stations, never use to be there. Though I would maybe say you could make the drop more appealing by having a secret hidden coms station on the map much like the hidden red chest, using this has two options maybe? A powerful trap like radiation around the drop site and option 2 A guaranteed good item in each drop you could maybe select after you escape with it?  Perhaps based on the rarity of the crate, for instance gold crate, guaranteed crowns, gold weapons and gear that you can pick from. Common crate you’d maybe only get a choice of resources from common to uncommon but in a higher amount.  Thoughts on that idea?

• Thanks 1

oh ye this would be good it would need balancing but i think good airdrops should not be locked behind a paywall

Heck i have watched a player shoot everyone in the game and get the AD, safe, timed safe, container and everything else he could get and ran to the exit smiling. That would be awesome if i could do that at least once. It on my bucket list.