pierremgi

Addon builder - signature fails in Windows10 local user (admin)

Hi all,

I caught a problem recently, building an addon. I practice that very often, so it's not an addon problem.

Furthermore, the addon is correctly pboed :

- in a Microsoft account for W10 (I barely use that because I don't want to be connected at any personal account for days)

- in my local account, used daily for an age, working correctly until last week. But only if I disable the "Sign output pbo file"  recently.

The error is:

Build failed. Result code = 1

cfgConvert task failed.

CPAcquireContext failed

So, I thing I have now a problem with the DSutils.exe environment. Of course, everything is updated: W10, steam, arma, arma tools... I reinstalled arma tools... check integrity files (sometimes broken and reacquire 1 for nuts)

Any clue about the link between a local admin for W10 (instead of Microsoft account) and this issue ?

Truly W10 is a pain.

Pack it with mikero's pboproject (free version is fine), addon builder has very poor error checking and is not worth the hassle

11 minutes ago, pierremgi said:

Truly W10 is a pain.

It is, indeed. I'd check if your AV software wasn't updated lately and does not block the file from running. 
Also, didn't that topic below help you? 

I would just use pbomanager to pbo files, or Mikeros Tools, for signing use DSutils,

addon builder imo is hit or miss.

My tutorial on how to sign your addon or mod.