SlovakianLynx

[SP] H&D2 Spaghetti Airport Remake

SAOP.jpg                                                                                                                                

Remake Description:

This is a remake of a mission Spaghetti Airport from old game Hidden and Dangerous 2 from developer Illusion softworks. The Mission includes very closely made airport layout, Briefing animation and cutscenes with original voice acting. Thoug it is designed to be more realistic and historically accurate.

I'm Aware, that the italians wear german uniforms, that the main buildings are too modern for WW2, etc. I just had to work with what we have in ArmA 3.

Original Description:
Your task is to find and capture Hans Schumann, an Officer transporting plans of German advances in Afrika. You will have to kill all enemy who would prevent you from carrying out your task and destroy the planes at the airport.

Mission Objectives:

• Find Hans Schumann
  • Kill all the airport personnel.

Changes over the original mission:

•  The airport is larger - For more realism.
  •  Some enemies are more strategicaly placed.
  •  No too modern weapons are used except Lee-Enfield No.4 T, as we don't have an older allied sniper rifle and Mosin-Nagant M44, as we don't have Carcanos.
  •  Music playing on the radio and when action starts are different, as the original ones ware annoying.
  •  Added more music tracks for more immersion.

Known Issues:

•  Machinegunner on the roof sometimes boards into cargo instead of gunner position.
  •  The commader and sniper have defautly Colt 1911 magazines in inventory. This is probably due to a Pistole640(b) bug.
  •  Sometimes when the "actor" dissembarks from the Jeep in first cutscene, he starts running around the place.
  •  The Airport still needs adding decorative objects, however the mission is fully playeble, as it is.

Requirements:

CBA_A3
CUP Terrains - Core
CUP Terrains - Maps
Faces of War
IFA3 Liberation
IFA3_AIO_LITE
Iron Front ArmA 3: Faces of War Compatibility patch

DOWNLOAD

Steam Workshop Link

• Like 6

I've released a big update for this mission.

Here's what was improved:

-Schumann now arrives on a plane, like in the original cutscene, but it's a C47, as Ju 52 was removed from Iron front mod.
-An enemy plane now takes off when the team is detected, as in the original mission.
-Characters now open their mouths, when they talk.
-Changed the victory music.
-Added some details.
-Some other improvements.

Great job on the opening cutscene video!  I know how much work that is.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, johnnyboy said:

Great job on the opening cutscene video!  I know how much work that is.

Thank you, It's glad to see someone appreciates it. I don't find making cutscenes that hard, but making these to be, as close to the original ones, as I could was HARD.