Steeam

Eden Editor save scenario state once played

Hello friends! 

I have been looking for a long time and I cannot find any tutorial or content to see if it is possible to play a scenario in the eden editor, and then save the state of the scenario after you played it, before you go back to the editor, so that when you go back to the editor the scenario has updated to the state it was in when you played it

(lets say I play the scenario and walk down the road, when I go back to the editor my character would be at the end of the road).

Is this possible? if not, is there a MOD/script/method that can allow me to do this?

Thank you! 

Well, I've only ever touched on some of the 3eden commands but commands do exist to at least do a simplified version of this. However, I've never seen anything do this. Would be an interesting idea. 

• Haha 1

Thats great to hear! Could you perhaps point me to the source of your knowlege on how the scripts exist so that I can learn how to script it?

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Category:Arma_3:_Scripting_Commands

There if you didn't already know about it, but they're all conveniently grouped here: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Category:Command_Group:_Eden_Editor

As for getting on everything when you leave the game, that depends on how powerful the 3den command are. I'm not overly familiar with them though, but assuming they can do whatever you need you'd just need to start figuring what info you need to capture (object types, positions, etc) and, i guess, feel your way from there. Then, I guess one way to do it, would be to save the data to your profileNamespace. Could end up being a bit of a learning curve if this is your first foray into arma scripting though, so I'd advise starting small and simple first.

Edit: Honestly, if something like this doesn't already exist it'd be interesting to have a go at. But I'm not even working on my current project (kids and school holidays are THE WORST).

Thank you very much for all your help! I will certainly check those out and try to make something, however if anyone else has any insight into if anything like this has already been made that would be great, as this would be my first time scripting anything for arma and would be a challenge.

When playing the scenario there is a save state button already included, and when you save, a load button appears to load the saved state. However, once you leave to go back to the editor, you cant load the state you saved, as there is no load button. Is there a way to find where the state is saved, and then when you return to the editor, you load that save you made when you played the scenario?