max power

ARMA 3 Addon Request Thread

1. Unfortunately, if you're requesting an "authentic" (has a real-life counterpart) helicopter for this then the only option I can think of might be the Mi-26, and even then the capability is dependent on just what the AMV-7's in-game mass is, which is not readily accessible since it's defined in the model's geometry LOD and not in the config.

2. Any artillery gun that's properly configured (has memory points placed in the memory LOD and named in the config for attaching ropes) can be carried by a properly-configured helicopter that has a high enough slingLoadMaxCargoMass value; for the Mohawk or the Ghost Hawk (they have the same slingLoadMaxCargoMass value of 4000 kg) the first light-enough gun that I found was the M777 howitzer, whereas the M198 howitzer could be carried by the Huron (10000 kg) or Taru (12000 kg).

about request number 1, yes, fictional helicopter. Number 2, the M777 seems awesome.

3. I would also like a modified/fictional AH-1Z Viper which allows the pilot to use the optics and also control the turret gun. Currently I'm using the original HAFM US Helicopters port from Arma 2. The Viper in this pack is good enough to take out vehicles but infantry firing at the gunship (even with rifles) cause a major problem because I play in single-player only and the AI gunner is not that competent. So as vehicles can be locked, infantry on the other hand cannot be locked and this leads to a lack of situational awareness for the pilot. Having access to the optics might help.

about request number 1, yes, fictional helicopter. Number 2, the M777 seems awesome.

3. I would also like a modified/fictional AH-1Z Viper which allows the pilot to use the optics and also control the turret gun. Currently I'm using the original HAFM US Helicopters port from Arma 2. The Viper in this pack is good enough to take out vehicles but infantry firing at the gunship (even with rifles) cause a major problem because I play in single-player only and the AI gunner is not that competent. So as vehicles can be locked, infantry on the other hand cannot be locked and this leads to a lack of situational awareness for the pilot. Having access to the optics might help.

Well, for the Apache, at least, in reality it's actually the pilot that has primary control of the gun anyways. The gunner is mostly responsible for working the Hellfires, lasing targets, etc. the gun is partially considered to be important for the safety and security of the aircraft, which makes it part of the pilot' responsibility.

Personally I'd like the pilot to be able to operate the gun (maybe with TrackIR, a context menu option to flip down the monocle, turning half the screen into a render-to-texture video feed from the PNVS?) and at the same time this is happening, the gunner has full control of the laser designator and video feed from the TADS and can shoot the Hellfires.

I want something like an apache but modernized to the 2035 setting. Something that could compete to the kajman. I have in mind some names e.g AH-72 Apache Hawk, AH-78 Ghost Longbow, AH-78 Ghost Apache. I would like to also like to ask does anyone know any good F-35B mods out there. I'm looking for something like Olli's F-35C or if same as that and make the changes it needs to make it looks like the B. I have looked in other posts but they won't be coming out for a while and some are very buggy. if you could try make one of those or give me a link for a working F-35B that would be great. I really want to expand the amount of jets in arma. I am waiting patiently for the USAF Mod and randomslap's WIP F-35B which is what i'm waiting on for an F-35 in-game.

...Personally I'd like the pilot to be able to operate the gun (maybe with TrackIR, a context menu option to flip down the monocle, turning half the screen into a render-to-texture video feed from the PNVS?...

Firstly, not everyone owns a TrackIR kit, so how would this work for those without one? It would essentially be a fixed turret aiming forwards due to the mouse being bound to free-look.

Secondly, half a screen of PiP would look bloody terrible, even on higher settings.

Firstly, not everyone owns a TrackIR kit, so how would this work for those without one? It would essentially be a fixed turret aiming forwards due to the mouse being bound to free-look.

Secondly, half a screen of PiP would look bloody terrible, even on higher settings.

Kind of abrasive, but okay, here:

I get that free-look gives the option to... look around freely. Does it totally remove the ability to have the gun move around with it, though?i get that it is pretty much a view control only, but is it also impossible to stick gun movements to it as well, at least within the elevation/traverse restrains of the gun? As in you free look to the right, the gun moves with you up until it reaches the traversal limit, then stays there until you look back to within its constraints?

Also, I wasn't aware the PiP was that bad, but I can see your reasoning. I was thinking essentially something similar to the UAV feed you can get on the right side of the screen (with default 2x Tab.) Effectively just a UAV camera you can stick right to the nose of the Apache, and move with Freelook.

Seems to me it would be the best, most faithful representation of an apache's capabilities in that regard.

Kind of abrasive, but okay, here:

I get that free-look gives the option to... look around freely. Does it totally remove the ability to have the gun move around with it, though?i get that it is pretty much a view control only, but is it also impossible to stick gun movements to it as well, at least within the elevation/traverse restrains of the gun? As in you free look to the right, the gun moves with you up until it reaches the traversal limit, then stays there until you look back to within its constraints?

Also, I wasn't aware the PiP was that bad, but I can see your reasoning. I was thinking essentially something similar to the UAV feed you can get on the right side of the screen (with default 2x Tab.) Effectively just a UAV camera you can stick right to the nose of the Apache, and move with Freelook.

Seems to me it would be the best, most faithful representation of an apache's capabilities in that regard.

I'm a very abrasive person, though in this instance it was not my intent. I agree it would be a cool feature, though sadly I fear not as easily implemented as you suggest (though I could be wrong, I'm not a "Vehicle Guy").

Mandoble had exactly that reticle for Arma 2. You could use the reticle to aim in mouselook and the gun was slaved to it.

this is true for the entire addon request thread i'm afraid...

Hahaha, truth.

But you guys know you can get Track IR working without Track IR? It's call NoFaceTrackIR. I use it sometimes when in flying, and it's great because of that extra lean feature Arma 3 has in vehicles. Allows me to look over the wings of the airplane in flying and such. All you need is a webcam.

---------- Post added at 15:24 ---------- Previous post was at 15:23 ----------

FaceTrackNoIR*

I have a lot of mods installed, which add a lot of weapons and vests and etc. When I am in the Arsenal, when I want to choose my equipment I need to compare, and memorizing can sometimes be really hard when comparing 2-3 weapons. Why not make a mod that compares the stats with colors, a good example of that is the comparing system in Battlefield 4. All, I'm looking for is having a way to display the bars for multiple items at a time.

I have a very simple request

I'd like to see two things:

-The rangemaster cap with headphones (H_Cap_headphones) without the actual cap, so just the headphones.

-The 3-holed balaclava remodeled to cover the mouth, leaving a hole for each eyes.

Basically, I want to make a MSF soldier from MGSV.

2dhi8ea.jpg2iiabo0.jpg

Is it possible to extract existing files and remodel those assets?

EDIT: Well, seems we can't after all.

Edited by Drazil

I would like to find out if someone is working on a Sikorsky CH 53?

I loved the USEC CH53 mod for Arma 2 and hope to see this legend of a Helicopter in Arma 3.

Thank you

Greetz

It might have been asked before but I'm throwing my request in for an ARMA 3 F-14D Tomcat. I know there's an older ARMA 2 version (and I don't own ARMA 2,) but a brand new one would be simply amazing.

j3ban44vxdfebjsmwipu.jpg

If it's considered too old for the timeline for the modmaker, the alternative could be the Advanced Super Tomcat that was canceled in favor of the Super Hornet.

http://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/top-gun-day-special-the-super-tomcat-that-was-never-bu-1575814142

f14-history-f14x-st21.gif

That article details the upgrades they were planning on utilizing, like CFT and LERX to help improve it's performance. Might be interesting to see a slightly more modern take on the old Turkey bird.

AI's rate of fire!! I cant believe I haven't found a mod yet that fixes the AI's robot shooting, unless I have somehow overlooked one that successfully does this? I have tried numerous AI mods and some that even claim to make the AI shoot more "human" but nearly every firefight still has AI shooting like robots no matter which mod I have tried. Hearing the AI firing in the same exact burst a few identical seconds apart over and over destroys the immersion every time.

Im requesting a mod that makes the AI fire in more random bursts. If one already exists, I would be shocked and ecstatic.

Payday 2 masks? They would be a great addition for customization. Plus you could just port them from DayZ standalone

Payday 2 masks? They would be a great addition for customization. Plus you could just port them from DayZ standalone

Um no you can't. Nothing from dayz standalone is allowed to be ported to arma 3

Hi Guys,

Was hoping to see a seaking helicopter based in the game, in particular reference to the commando variant (green and white tiger stripes). I know RKSL has done some seaking work however as I'm aware they're Arma 2 mods (and possibly unreleased) and I'm not sure as to whether these mods are planned to reach Arma 3. Hope this hasn't been asked before.

Thanks

As seen in

and this picture. (Source)

It's a fantastic looking architecture that is going to be standard issue (as opposed to to just a one-off prototype), and the modular aspect is really attractive to me. Better still if a modder can emulate the modular aspect in Arma 3.

This is not a normal request.

To anyone reading this, I am requesting if you have made any Uniforms in ArmA 3 if I could use some in my mod (with full credits).

The problem is some mods have one uniform in particular I want to use, the problem is I don't want users having to download many different mods.

So I am wanting to make a new mod package with the following uniforms:

-US Desert 3 Colours

-Olive Green

-Navy Blue

-Black

-European Forest (Flecktarn)

-European Forest 2 (DPM)

-US Urban 3 Colour Scheme

-US Artcic 3 Colour Scheme

I would like to find out if someone is working on a Sikorsky CH 53?

I loved the USEC CH53 mod for Arma 2 and hope to see this legend of a Helicopter in Arma 3.

Thank you

Greetz

I would like to see a CH-53 mod for arma 3 too. One of my other requests would be door animations for the front Ghosthawk doors and blackfoot doors. Also to hop in you'd need to open the door first or it just opens to get in like on the jets. I just want this but more of realism to the game. and my last request would be the AMV-7 Marshall to have the NEMO Mortar like it did in the screenshots.

Looking for addon which increase dispersion of Pawnee and Hellcat miniguns. Hate this laserguns.

I just had quite a brilliant idea. I noticed the other day that Arma lacks the Hollywood "RPG! Get Down!" moments in firefights. I also noticed that A.I. will fire RPGs at everything except infantry. I noticed during a mission that A.I. will even fire an RPG at an empty mortar. What if someone made an invisible tiny vehicle that mission makers could move around or attach to the player with scripts. Yu could use setpos to keep it right over the players head and have A.I. shoot RPGs at it! you could place it near buildings in trees or even have it show up in a certain area as soon as a player hits a trigger.

Essentially, I think this concept could create some awesome moments. However I am quite inexperienced at making addons so I couldn't do this myself at the moment but I thought I would throw it out there. Let me know what you think.

they do fire RPG's at you if you give them the right ammo